Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Differences between Mk12Mod1 uppers

Feedback Score
    alot of army units still use the leupold 3.5–10×40 mm. Which for shooting at 800 and below(usually much much less) is fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyMoto View Post
    +1 for High Caliber Sales. Kevin is amazing to deal with, their uppers utilize the Douglas Premium SS barrels, and are built by Kevin (formally of Crane).
    Actually, I believe HCS MK12s are built by Alan Brown formerly of NSWC Crane. Not sure if Kevin worked at Crane as well. Good guys to deal with none the less.

This is one old thread....
    Last edited by JPB; 03-21-11 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyMoto View Post
    The ones being outfitted in the field are the 2.5-10x24 model I believe. I have seen only one issued rifle with this scope mounted, but it was state side. As a purist, I agree with you. I deviated with my optics and also decided to go with the LMT sopmod stock over the a2 (tho i understand some have been spotted in the field with this stock.....(just repeating rumors)
    The x24 has obviously been in use for some time and currently some still are being fielded, however from the horse's mouth...NF is sending far more x32's than x24's currently to the military, and as a fun fact they are even requesting quite a few LV ret. models. Don't forget that some even use the NXS 3.5 w. F1. If were talking the Navy side of the contract, than your liable to see no two operators using the same exact spec'd NF.

Feedback Score
    I have an upper on order from High Caliber Sales. Kevin is great to work with. I'll probably go with NF 2.5-10-32mm mil/mil and NF rings.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My upper is a Centurian and I have nothing but great things to say about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123