Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple questions ref FAL's I can find answers to

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    Thanks. I'd swear it looks like a 16". My eyes must be playing tricks on me.
    LOL - this is the 2nd time i've been corrected in the past day or so. good eye - yes, it's something like a 16.25" barrel. i'm getting old and forgetful.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL - this is the 2nd time i've been corrected in the past day or so. good eye - yes, it's something like a 16.25" barrel. i'm getting old and forgetful.
    Ah, good to know I'm not crazy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That much barrel sticking past a standerd length handguard looks like 18" to me.
    Falfiles has the weight of almost every component in the fal from almost every different type [stg's, g1's, israeli etc] in a sticky somewhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That much barrel sticking past a standerd length handguard looks like 18" to me.
    It's mostly flash hider, which doesn't qualify as "barrel"

FAL flash hiders tend to be quite lengthy in any configuration...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i took some measurements - the flash hider itself is 3.2" long. length to the end of it is about 19". the barrel only goes in about a half inch, into the hider.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Thanks again for all the info guys.

I'm thinking a 16.25" with para folding or CTR, aluminum lower and a micro with sling would be a pretty handy, light and compact setup.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My 18" FAL with a aluminum lower weighs just a blip under 10lbs with an empty mag, ARMS dust cover and Aimpoint H1 up top. Fixed stock and fiberglass handguards.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Excellent info! Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can attach the new 7.62 Battel comp muzzel brake to a FAL?
    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Bottom line- BCE does not offer any of it's Battlecomps cut for any standard threads found on the muzzle of a Fal barrel. I know because I spent quite some time with Capt. Nick attempting to have a BattleComp special ordered for my Para Fal. They do not have the tooling to match the L/H threads used on STG, South African and Rhodesian barrels. (Although they were unable to cut their BABC to fit my Para barrel, they did send me a T-shirt!) R/H Fal threads are not the 5/8x24 threads BCE uses on the BABC.

If you wanted to install a BABC on a Fal, you could special order a barrel from DSA with the muzzle threaded to 5/8x24, something I'm seriously considering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12