Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Military/Tactical Watch Recommendations?

Feedback Score
    G Shocks seem like an easy decision. Any comments on solar vs standard battery?

I like the user changeable battery on the suunto but the low water resistance and short battery life are concerning. I’ve heard that even though it’s a user replacement battery the seal should be changed as well?

G Shock Opinion:

6900 vs Mudman vs Frogman

Big price differences......

Or there is the Victorinox INOX new to the scene but claims to be tough

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I picked up a G Shock AW-591BB over the weekend and I’m very impressed with the watch, especially for only $40. It’s smaller than most G Shocks and being all black it goes well with a tux or jeans. Glowing analog hands are easy to see at night and the small digital outputs are nice for going through the settings on this watch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im not a fan of flashy watches with millions of whizz-bangs and doo-dads, I really only need the time and date. I ordered the G-100BB-1AJF, we'll see if its as durable as the other G Shocks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No batteries to worry about:

Or just buy a solar powered G Shock.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a Tudor and a solar atomic G-Shock.

The Tudor stays in the safe. It's just too expensive except for weddings, etc.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've worn a G-Shock for a year in the Marine Corps, 2 years as a Corrections Officer, and 3 years as a Police Officer. I torn the band off in defensive tactics training, but it was easily replaced. Beyond that, they've been stellar.

I went with the G Shock because I spent 8 months on the ocean with a crappy Wal Mart timepiece that constantly died on me. I decided that, because I had no option of buying a better watch til I hit the next port in a month or two, that I would never again wear a cheap watch.

Feedback Score
    G-Shock or Timex Ironman for throw-away watches. They both can be dipped in hydrogen peroxide to clean them. This is a big deal.

Past that, be a class act like Contax.

edit: also, there's this. We wear watches to tell the time so that we know that we have time to get our shit done. Said another way: GET AFTER IT.

CnKXVdiUEAEOaCt.jpg
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 10-31-17 at 14:38. Reason: Jocko Is My Spirit Animal

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I've been wearing Timex Ironman watches for the past decade. When the battery dies, I just get another. A lot of guys had G Shocks when I was in and no one ever had a watch break.

I get why guys like watches with multiple functions like Suunto's, but between also having a Kestrel and a Foretrex I never felt longing for one.

You'd be well served with either. I like how small the Ironman is compared to every G Shock I've seen.

Also, VERY NICE, contax.

Feedback Score
    I'll second the Timex Ironman. Not knowing at a glance what time zone my G-Shock was in near an international was uncool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Questions on G-Shock's...where are they manufactured, how can you tell via the model number, is one superior in quality to the other, and which ones self adjust to the Atomic Observatory time? Also, do any of them keep track of current lat/long positions?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast