Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Military/Tactical Watch Recommendations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbackus View Post
    At $130 with atomic timekeeping, that model looks like a steal, guess I'll have to pick one up.
    where did you find this for 130?
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgard View Post
    where did you find this for 130?
    Yeah. $130 seem really low. When I got mine about 8 months ago it was $200. I would be suspicious if you get it for $130 given the G-Shock's are notorious for being faked.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polkhigh View Post
    Yeah. $130 seem really low. When I got mine about 8 months ago it was $200. I would be suspicious if you get it for $130 given the G-Shock's are notorious for being faked.
    Costco. I think it's real

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I pickup up a Pathfinder at Costco last year. It was super cheap and works great. Legit deals on Casio at Costco.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    I've been wearing my bertucci for 5 years now, and still looks great. The case is made from a billet of titanium, and has no pins to break. Instead the band goes through milled out slots in the housing.

They run around $100 give or take depending of style.
    I set it time.gov at the daylight savings time a couple of months back, and its still within just a couple of seconds of the atomic clock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have one of the negative display Casio Pathfinders that I picked up on a black friday sale for $170. This is my main casual/weekend/travelling/camping watch. The solar and atomic functions work great, I've never had power issues with this one in the many environments I've taken it through and the compass and altimeter functions are extremely helpful.

I was also recently turned onto the Seiko SKX007 Automatics and this has become my new every day work/casual watch when I want something dressier, although this also takes a good beating while still looking good. The factory strap wasn't very comfortable, so I swapped it with a zulu strap which is super comfortable and works great. This watch is really slick and I'm extremely happy with it, especially for the price.

Last edited by Brian H; 01-15-11 at 00:20.
    "The greatest ideas are those that appear obvious to the casual observer."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
    I paid about $30 for my G-Shock on Amazon, that's a pretty good deal. Sure there are other better (and more expensive) watches out there, but for a robust everyday watch that has a countdown and stopwatch feature it's a decent price.
    This.

My regular ass old school G-Shock must be 10-15 years old by now. Changed out straps+batteries sometimes. And put it through all kinds of hell. It just keep going like an energizer bunny.

Feedback Score
    I've been wearing an Altiforce Tactical model for awhile now whenever I do anything military related. It is an ABC watch

It's been in the field many times, and has been a real champ

Last edited by variablebinary; 01-15-11 at 03:21.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    For the money eirher a G shock for digital or a monster for an automatic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    G Shock definitely has a TON of models to choose from. I suspect you'll have issues finding a retailer for anything you find on their website OR finding anything you find at a retailer on their site. I think their line changes a good bit. I wish I knew what model mine is as I love it and it's not overly busy. The ONLY negative thing I can say about it is the backlight is not really strong and it's a weird yellow cast rather than white light. However, it does illuminate the hour markers when you backlight it for a few seconds afterward so it does what it should.

I think I paid about $80 for mine at a reputable online dealer. It's been a couple of years.

The last G Shock I had lasted for about 10 years before the battery died. It was also covered in house paint from where I forgot to take it off while painting a storage shed. I never could get it all off. When the battery died I just dumped the whole thing and got a new one. I figured 10 for a watch I paid less than $75 for was good enough. RIP.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast