Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Military/Tactical Watch Recommendations?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Stay away from the Suunto's not made in finland (they are made in China). The Core has had allot of reliability problems.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhgross View Post
    Stay away from the Suunto's not made in finland (they are made in China). The Core has had allot of reliability problems.
    Is the Core the only one made in China?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    G-Shock RISEMAN.

* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
    * Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
    * Auto receive function (6 times per day)
    * Manual receive function
    * Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
    * Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz
    * Tough Solar Power
    * Shock Resistant
    * 200M Water Resistant
    * Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
    * Altimeter
    * Measuring range: -700 to 10,000m (-2,300 to 32,800ft)
    * Measuring unit: 5m (20ft)
    * Manual memory measurements
    * Memory capacity: 20 records
    * Measurement data: altitude, month, date, time
    * High altitude memory
    * Others: Reference altitude setting, Altitude tendency graph, Elapsed time measurement and altitude change indicator)
    * Barometer
    * Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
    * Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
    * Atmospheric pressure tendency graph
    * Atmospheric pressure differential grapic
    * Thermometer
    * Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F)
    * Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F)
    * World Time
    * 29 times zones (33 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off
    * 5 Daily Alarms (1 with snooze)
    * Countdown Timer
    * Measuring unit: 1 second
    * Countdown range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1 hour and 1 minute increments)
    * 1/100 second stopwatch
    * Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"
    * Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
    * Hourly Time Signal
    * Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
    * 12/24 Hour Formats
    * Button tone operation on/off
    * Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
    * Storage Battery CTL1616
    * Battery Power Indicator
    * Power Saving Function
    * Approx. battery life: 9 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
    * Module 3147

Size of case/total weight
    GW9200 51 x 48.9 x 15.9mm / 60.9g
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    This one cost a bit more than $200, but it's been tough little watch so far. Basically it's a Casio Pathfinder PAW5000-1 (the exact model number on this one is PRW-5000YT-1JF - it's a Japanese model from Casio's Pro-Trek line with a sapphire crystal). I removed the titanium band and made a paracord band for it. They also make one with a mineral crystal wth some blue accents (model # PRW-5000Y-1JF), that is a little cheaper, but functionally the same. You might be able to find one used for a decent price it you dig the ana-digi look and want the ABC functionality.

Last edited by 3CTactical; 01-16-11 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CTactical View Post
    This one cost a bit more than $200, but it's been tough little watch so far. Basically it's a Casio Pathfinder PAW5000-1 (the exact model number on this one is PRW-5000YT-1JF - it's a Japanese model from Casio's Pro-Trek line with a sapphire crystal). I removed the titanium band and made a paracord band for it. They also make one with a mineral crystal wth some blue accents (model # PRW-5000Y-1JF), that is a little cheaper, but functionally the same. You might be able to find one used for a decent price it you dig the ana-digi look and want the ABC functionality.
    Wow that's a great looking Casio. Did you just use trial and error to get the band tight enough?

I looked at the price and it's quite a bit over $200 I can always dream

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used a Timex digital Ironman watch....has everything I need.

IMO, if you're going to get an more expensive watch, I'd go for the sapphire crystal instead of the mineral crystal....
    Last edited by SIGguy229; 01-17-11 at 05:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    Wow that's a great looking Casio. Did you just use trial and error to get the band tight enough?
    I make a bunch of paracord stuff and have figured out how to make watchbands and bracelets off of wrist measurements. Watchbands are a little tricky, because of the different ways that different watches are made.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess Luminox has fallen out of favor. I'm still happy with mine after more than ten years of use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess Luminox has fallen out of favor. I'm still happy with mine after more than ten years of use.
    Rob I am with you on this one I have had one for around 10 years also its easy and basic and just plain works. I also like the glow at night over have to turn light on.

Feedback Score
    Another watch you may want to consider is the Casio Pathfinder model PAW2000-1CR which go for around $230 or so (a little above the budget - I know). It has the same lug arrangement as the 5000 I posted above, so you can make a paracord band for it or put a NATO - ZULU strap on it easily. Here's a pic:

Another one you can find at Costco sometimes (and on the internet) for a decent price is the Casio Pathfinder model PAG-40. They go for around $130. You have to add some kind of strap adapter to make a paracord band for it though.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast