Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aim Pro/ O.F. Mossberg FLEX System at SHOT 2012

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If you thought Mossberg went full retard with the Chainsaw 500, take a look at this:

Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by outrider627 View Post
    If you thought Mossberg went full retard with the Chainsaw 500, take a look at this:

Jesus Christ! I don't understand how shit like this gets passed through to production. Looks like Mossberg is taking the sig plunge
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    For 90% of the Joe Schmoes that have that muzzle device and don't know what it's for I would have to agree with you. However it does have a purpose which is breaching. The teeth dig into a wooden door frame a little and keep it from moving and the length spaces the muzzle away from the door and lets gas escape through the vents. It's for breachers. Saying it's "Gay" or "French" is just showing ignorance.

To the OP I'll buy the shit out of one of those mounts if it comes out for an 870.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Not again.........
    Last edited by DMR; 01-16-12 at 08:36.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Holy crap! There is a section of society that is so fearful of the gubment, they believe the Lever gun is the original Assault rifle and the politically safe choice for defensive use.

They probably run the Taurus Judge pistol too, however.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    A shotgun doesn't have enough pressure at the muzzle to accomplish anything with a brake. The reason shotgun brakes have never caught on is because they don't work. But hope springs eternal and folks keep trying. As for these brakes, they are strictly for looks. Kind of like the spoiler on the family car or the one on the pimply kid next door's car.

This was actualy designed at my request for the military. They are not muzzle brakes, but as others have stated are stand off devices. They are broadly used in differant forms by LE Agencies nationwide and by select units in the Army and USMC. They have been a nitch product for over a decade, with Mossberg making them a main stream item with the commercial release a few years ago.

Stand off devices function to prevent over preasure in the barrels and burst barrels when doing ballistic breaching. It's not a common occurance, but it happens enough that we provided a large Army organization with a version of this barrel. They have broad latatude to purchase what they want and purchased those to meet several requirements they had.

I make NO effort to sell those barrels to the public, as the application isn't required for civilians.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score

now I know guys have mounted red dots and lights on their lever guns but usually for late-night pest control when the varmints tend to come out. but that...I lack the vocabulary to fully extrapolate how much I hate that thing.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    The truely sad part is that if they would offer it with a threaded barrel more people would be interested just for supresser use. It seems that it would be easier to buy one w/threads and unf%^k it than find a smith that will do the work to thread one(I dont know why but it seem like noone wants to thread a lever gun).
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That's just SAD

Feedback Score

Argh...the stupid...it hurts...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast