Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aim Pro/ O.F. Mossberg FLEX System at SHOT 2012

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeheadeddog View Post
    The truely sad part is that if they would offer it with a threaded barrel more people would be interested just for supresser use. It seems that it would be easier to buy one w/threads and unf%^k it than find a smith that will do the work to thread one(I dont know why but it seem like noone wants to thread a lever gun).
    To thread a lever gun generally requires that the front site base be moved back and the the magazine tube be shortened in addition to the fact that it can be damn hard to chuck a lever gun into a lathe. Most "gunsmiths" really aren't these days and many others who do know how to do it either don't have the appropriate tools or find it to be too much of a PITA for what they can charge for the work. I used to know someone who would only do it if paid by the hour instead of a flat rate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    Aimpro is releasing a new sight at SHOT 12:

They should make a version of that for bolt action rifles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Shortening the 930 is a bigger feat. The junk In the trunk of the stock only leave a small ability to shorten it. That a lot of smiths are looking at ways to shorten it, and a stock company is looking at trimming the stock it self down.
    I've heard that too. All I want is an Urbino and I'd be happy.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    They should make a version of that for bolt action rifles.
    Mike is working on some now. Which one Remington, Savage, ect....
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is that Flex system "retro-fittable" to older 590A1 shotguns or does it require a new gun?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It is retrofit able, it was one of our requirements when i pitched it. I don't believe they plan on offering it retail. We will be able to get some to support contracts.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I make NO effort to sell those barrels to the public, as the application isn't required for civilians.
    Neither are 30rd mags and 5.56 rifles. What civilian needs to engage multiple threats at 300m? Still, better to have it and not need it....

For 'sporting purposes' why is there not a there not a 3 Gun Match that requires door breaching?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    For 'sporting purposes' why is there not a there not a 3 Gun Match that requires door breaching?
    A match in College Station at Cawthon Cartridge Club frequently involves breeching using a proper training door and dowel rods.

Feedback Score
    Mike is working on some now. Which one Remington, Savage, ect....
    Great!

I was wondering when someone would do this.

Remington, Savage, and Ruger 77 for all the GSR's out there. The XS rail they're making for the GSR isn't what most of the market wants. Guys just want to be able to have a rear sight and use conventional scope position.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    A match in College Station at Cawthon Cartridge Club frequently involves breeching using a proper training door and dowel rods.
    Awesome, American ingenuity. I knew there was a sporting purpose for a breaching bbl.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast