Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers Carbine/Pistol; North Texas; 01/18-20/2008

Feedback Score

Larry Vickers Carbine/Pistol; North Texas; 01/18-20/2008

Vickers Tactical Three Day Carbine/Pistol Class

Larry Vickers, former U. S. Army Delta Force operator/weapons trainer, American Pistol Guild gunsmith and firearms industry consultant will be coming to North Texas to present a three day carbine and pistol class. Larry’s credentials are very extensive and “real world” and may be viewed on his website at www.vickerstactical.com.

Topics that will be covered during this class include: safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment, trigger control techniques, weapons maintenance, reloads, presentations, shooting positions, weak side shooting, shooting on the move and various skill development drills. Additionally a low light session is planned along with a Crimson Trace laser grips demonstration.

This class will be an open enrollment course and TCLEOSE credit will be available for Texas law enforcement personnel.

Lead Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class Dates: January 18-20, 2008

Class Size: 16 maximum

Cost: $550 per student

Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Quality Inn, 1215 East IH-30, Greenville, TX 75402; Telephone 903.454.7000; $55 per night plus 13% hotel tax. Reservation Code: LWDTC

Class Equipment Requirements:

· Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection preferred)
    · Serviceable duty grade carbine
    · Serviceable duty grade handgun (9 x 19 minimum)
    · Serviceable sling – suitable for a variety of shooting positions – tactical type preferred
    · Minimum of one carbine magazine pouch – or method to carry spare magazine(s)
    · Minimum of three serviceable carbine magazines (five or more preferred)
    · Serviceable pistol holster and belt
    · Minimum of one double magazine pouch to maintain two spare pistol magazines on body
    · Minimum of three serviceable pistol magazines (five or more preferred)
    · Ammunition: 800 rounds pistol/1000 carbine – Service/training type – No reloads
    · ZEROED WEAPONS: A 50-yard carbine zero is preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason for that and understand it. Know your handgun’s zero at various ranges.
    · Suitable range attire for the season
    · Weapons maintenance gear, including lubricant
    · Good attitude

For an enrollment form or further information, send an email to detwd114 at yahoo dot com.

Feedback Score
    This class is filling quickly so get your applications in ASAP.

Feedback Score
    Still some slots left. If you want to do this class, let me know. Larry's not been to North Texas before so don't miss this opportunity.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Any room left? I might drive out from Middle Ga!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    P7,

I still have slots available and we'd love to have you!

Wayne Dobbs

Feedback Score
    This class is now filled. I've started a waiting list, so let me know if you want to be placed on that.

WD

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wayne:
    You might want to verify the info on the 50yd zero for the carbine. I read another post where Larry said the 50yd zero info was incorrect, that he prefers 100 yds. Just want to give you a heads up.

Feedback Score
    Sam,

I know about that (much to my embarrassment). I spoke to Larry this week and while he prefers a 100 yard zero, he can live with the 50. The most important thing is to HAVE a zero when you arrive so we shorten the "dirt and walk" time on TD1.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wayne:
    Thanks for setting that straight. I'll go back in my lane.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't feel embarrassed, Wayne. His classes always seem to have been advertised with the 50 ard zero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast