Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS Torture Test

Feedback Score
    Isn't owning a DPMS torture enuff.....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I picked up that the bolt would not release on the full, inserted mag.

Want to bet they loaded to 30rds?

Feedback Score
    staged.

LOL, you guys got me scared to shoot my DPMS 6.8 without a plate carrier, and a full face shield

I must run my rifle a little too wet...after 4 or 5 mag dumps, it smokes a hell of a lot more than that. (I live in SE Louisiana, and love CLP)
    Stay in my lane? My Wife won't even let me drive...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    if you watch closely you'll notice the first guy is all looped video from other angles, they had several camera's going apparently. watch him let the air out of that rear tire several times
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    My guess is if they did a 1000 round torture test straight through, mag after mag, the inferior material used in a DPMS barrel wouldn't hold up. The barrel would start to visably droop and eventually fail.

Same barrel steel as S&W, Stag, Rock River and Armalite...
    I guess none of those guns could shoot 1000 rounds either without failing.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Videos like that are the reason never to do an "on camera" interview from a bar stool.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    My guess is if they did a 1000 round torture test straight through, mag after mag, the inferior material used in a DPMS barrel wouldn't hold up. The barrel would start to visably droop and eventually fail.
    I think the actual torture test was having to watch that video.

As I remember from post by DennysGuns over at ARFCOM, they used barreled DPMS uppers while testing for something else. These were unlined barrels. They were fried full auto, mag after mag. Each of the test barrels lasted to at least 20,000 rounds. Oneor two of them made it to 21 or 22,000 before failing. He documented with pictures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ahhhh, this was really bad. I am fairly certain that was a cherry picked DPMS as we all know that DPMS would fall apart afte the first 100rds.

I liked seeing the guy using the CH to chamber a round and then using the mag well as a hold point. Can someone get this guy into a Vickers carbine school??

C4

Pat can correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember from an older article in SWAT where Pat Rogers said this was a viable option. Believe the article had to do with dispelling myths. Also i believe Sully uses/teaches this as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ahhhh, this was really bad. I am fairly certain that was a cherry picked DPMS as we all know that DPMS would fall apart afte the first 100rds.

I liked seeing the guy using the CH to chamber a round and then using the mag well as a hold point. Can someone get this guy into a Vickers carbine school??

C4
    Because without Larry showing me how, I couldn't possibly hold my rifle correctly...

I like his chicken wing. Then he has to modify his chicken wing stance to switch off the safety and then purposely throws his elbow right back out...

Is BURST the same thing as Full Auto?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    There is no one way to do everything, and not doing it a certain way isn't necessarily gonna kill you either.
    People have been holding onto the magazine/ mag well for decades, and it is a viable technique for controlling the carbine.
    Some allege an amputated hand if the gun self destructs.
    That didn't happen to me when an M4A1 i fired turned to junk- if you have been to my classes, you have seen pics of that one.
    Nor has it amputated/ maimed any of the others that i have seen through the years.
    Re the "torture" test. Geez, where do people get these name from?
    DoD has a standard endurance test- 6k rounds. That would have been sufficient, done by an uninvolved source.
    Good on them. I hope it sells a lot of guns!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast