Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some experianced reloaders.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ^ DAMN! thanks for this, I have some reading to do..

Feedback Score
    Danpass just offered a masters in reloading, wrinkles an undergrad degree.

from my perspective, I'd go with wrinkles post and start there. get the basic set up, learn to load, then if you like it and do much of it go find a progressive.

I say start with a single for a couple reasons:

1) you can get into it cheaply. look on the secondary market and get a good rockchucker or hornady press. I bought a rockchucker at a garage sale last year for 45 bucks.
    2) even with a progressive (I have a dillon 650XL and like it)I still use my single stage quite a bit for low volume loads and for load development. it's much easier to control for that type of thing than a progressive
    3) bought used, reloading equipment does not wear out or depreciate for all intents and purposes.

start with wrinkles list, get the basics and learn the steps.

then add equipment slowly and one piece at a time while your skill and interest grows. if you like it, you'll wind up where danpass is, experiementing, different loads and combos, tuning for ultimate accuracy etc.

there are a million variations between the basics and a full blown loading kit with all the bells and whistles. start small and add a piece at a time till you find what works for you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im going to have to start out small, not only because of my knowledge level but my wallet. I will probably buy one piece at a time. This summer I will actually go out to garage sales and try to find some reloading gear. Thanks for that idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123