Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DAMMIT COLT!!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

DAMMIT COLT!!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

If there is someone at SHOT reading this go to the Colt booth and kick the rep right in the nuts.

According to the beautiful Colt 2011 Catalog they are making the SP901 with a heavy barrel. 9.4 freaking lbs!!!!!

DON'T THEY DO ANY RESEARCH?!?!?! There is already several porker weight .308 AR's available.

The market NEEDS a reasonably priced quality .308 AR platform that uses KAC pattern mags and doesn't require wheels to move around.

I could have sworn that the CM901 was supposed to be around the same weight as the KAC EMC and run somewhere between $1,250 and $1,500. They would rule the market if they did that.

Is this one of the classic Colt moves and they have done a "Match Target" job on the CM901 like the do their full size 5.56 rifles?

With a 9.4 lb empty weight most people would be better off buying the LMT and forgoing the "benefits" of being able to swap uppers and having an overweight 5.56. I would rather be able to swap barrels without armorer's tools than to be able to shoot 5.56 out of a .308 sized rifle. I have smaller/lighter 5.56 rifles for that...

Somebody please tell me this is a typo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    HK's doing the same thing.

Absolutely makes you want to kick someone in the nuts.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    you guys are dreaming, the weight of a KAC and the price of a RRA? I wish.

Weight savings while keeping components high in quality and durability costs money. The Best 308 AR's out there start at $2500 and go up from there. I don't think the colt will be on par with those, but it will certainly be better than RRA, DPMS. If it comes in 2k ish, it will sell well. I will certainly attempt to get one if the cash is available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go to the La Rue booth. They are offering a light weight barreled OBR 7.62. Played with it quite a bit. About the same profile as the Armalite infantry weight. Pretty bad ass. I'm glad someone gets it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Go to the La Rue booth. They are offering a light weight barreled OBR 7.62. Played with it quite a bit. About the same profile as the Armalite infantry weight. Pretty bad ass. I'm glad someone gets it.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about that one.

That's what I want, a sub 8lb .308.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If I buy a .308 AR it's going to be a LMT MWS.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Awwww

You crybabies, just do some more PT!

I love my Colt's but not at that weight. LMT or KAC
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    You crybabies, just do some more PT!
    What if i want to carry two of them?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, whats up with all these heavy .308s....not like the .308 requires more "beef" and construction material in order to handle the added wear and tear on the weapon over a similar 5.56 weapon.

Yeah Colt def. should have made this gun the same weight as the 6520 which is 5.8lbs empty, since that is so easy to do and all.

Even though I have no reason for a LW .308 so called "battle rifle", I think it will be totally awesome to run carbine classes with or shoot at the range with....the extra cost, wear and tear, and recoil is of no concern to me at all.

Feedback Score

Colt

Got to shot the Colt 308, I have video somewhere.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast