Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DAMMIT COLT!!

Feedback Score
    No surprise there. Colt has always been tone deaf to what the civilian market wants as far as I'm concerned. I'd get the LMT MWS.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    If I buy a .308 AR it's going to be a LMT MWS.
    My thoughts exactly.

Cameron

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I really am not excited about the Colt .308 gun.

I would have been plenty happy with an SR-25 pattern Colt.

The lower on the Colt modular rifle is bloated with the .223 upper and we don't need another bloated assault rifle. We already have the SCAR, ACR, ARX160, G36, etc. All bloated.

We also don't need another different pattern AR-10 gun. We already have the original AR-10 pattern, the DPMS pattern, the SR-25 pattern, the Armalite-Illinois pattern, the RRA-BM-FAL pattern, and now the Colt pattern.

I eventually wanted the SR-25 pattern to kill all these other guns off, but now we have this.

I really don't care for the whole modularity BS over the past 10 years with the SCAR, ACR, Colt .308.

It is just easier to pick up another gun if you want change configuration.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-23-11 at 22:23.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Yeah, whats up with all these heavy .308s....not like the .308 requires more "beef" and construction material in order to handle the added wear and tear on the weapon over a similar 5.56 weapon.

Yeah Colt def. should have made this gun the same weight as the 6520 which is 5.8lbs empty, since that is so easy to do and all.
    It is not the receivers and the BCG we are talking about it is the ridiculously heavy barrel profiles. It seems pretty apparent that the Colt guys really don't shoot much or perhaps in a practical way. DS Arms has been making .308 FALs with short light barrels for a long time. There is just no need for the super heavy barrel profiles on the .308 ARs.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron; 01-24-11 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    It is not the receivers and the BCG we are talking about it is the ridiculously heavy barrel profiles. It seems pretty apparent that the Colt guys really don't shoot much or perhaps in a practical way. DS Arms has been making .308 FALs with short light barrels for a long time. There is just no need for the super heY barrel profiles on the .308 ARs.
    Well, obviously some disagree, but there seems to be product available for those guys.

Feedback Score
    C'mon you pansies, your grandfathers used to haul around 9.5 lb Garands through the jungles of the SE Pacific

Seriously though, I agree a lighter profile barrel would be nice.....but I still want one.
    Last edited by dakotalawdog; 01-23-11 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotalawdog View Post
    C'mon you pansies, your grandfathers used to haul around 9.5 lb Garands through the jungles of the SE Pacific
    And some of our fathers bitched about hauling around that Garand or Thompson Sub...........
    Last edited by Jake'sDad; 01-23-11 at 23:12.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

Mine carried a BAR and he was happy to have it Dammit!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well, now the door is wide open on the civilian end for lighter weapons. LT has it, and I have this suspicion that DD and BCM have some in the works.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I know the JP LRP-07 carbine is a light rifle.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast