Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Enhanced Series' S&W 1911s

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    when will these new ones be avaiable?

Feedback Score
    I like the new look of the S&W1911's. I would not mind getting one if the reviews are good here on M4C.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its my opinion that a positive review from Hilton Yam and Grant will have huge positive implications on this pistol. I have a S&W 1911 and love it. I removed the Swartz firing pin safety parts (both in the slide and frame) and added some grip tape and gunner grips. The only real upgrade would be the new larger extractor. I'm thinking of trading it for a Remington 870 Police Magnum. If things turn out good, I may get a new Enhanced Series at a later time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    More updates and photos from Mr. Yam in this 10-8 thread...sounds very promising...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    More updates and photos from Mr. Yam in this 10-8 thread...sounds very promising...
    So far, so good. Thanks for the up date.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe I mentioned that I probably wouldn't purchase one, but Mr. Yam's initial review has made it very enticing. I'll wait to hear how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently shopping around for a new commander. Friend of mine has the "Wiley Clapp" Colt Commander and it's a pretty nice gun but would require a few hundred to get it where I wanted it. The S&W "E" commander has the "bobtail" treatment which I really like plus it's a few hundred less. Add a hundred for Heinies and I'm still $200 ahead in the game. Think my minds made up!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yam has updated his 10-8 thread after firing 1000 rounds and a variety of ammunition. Though not entirely problem free, it sounds like a solid value in a 1911 at the sub $1000 price point. It looks like he recommends replacing some small parts (magazine release) and all of the springs with their Wolff counterparts.

Looks like he'll be offering 10-8 sights for these too.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-31-11 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Yam has updated his 10-8 thread after firing 1000 rounds and a variety of ammunition. Though not entirely problem free, it sounds like a solid value in a 1911 at the sub $1000 price point. It looks like he recommends replacing some small parts (magazine release) and all of the springs with their Wolff counterparts.

Looks like he'll be offering 10-8 sights for these too.
    Again, thanks for the update. Hopefully a Blackened/Melonite finished version is on the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one on the way. After seeing them at SHOT and talking with the Smith reps, I really had a warm fuzzy feeling about the new E series. Smith has taken their 1911's very serious. They want this gun to be a game changer in the 1911 world, and I feel it just may be. They spent a ton of money on new machining to make these just right.

I predict a few hicups to start, but then I think they are going to become very popular. I got mine for $799 + tax.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast