Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $50-70 Daily Carry Knife?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

$50-70 Daily Carry Knife?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a general daily carry knife for little things like opening packages, sawing/cutting at things, and God forbid, self defense. Mostly, I've stopped carrying my Winchester knife (the medium one from this set http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetai...53&lid=8000827 ) because it's just too heavy. I've been looking at Kershaws like the ones below, any other recommendations in this price range? And in your experience, is serrated or unserrated better for all around random use?

http://www.thekershawstore.com/Kersh...1660tgryst.htm

http://www.thekershawstore.com/Kersh...k1910cktst.htm

Feedback Score
    i would say for all around use an unserrated blade is the way to go (personal preference). serrations in everyday use is real for cutting cord or certain sawing situations. but in the end the serrating just seem to get in the way (as i say, personal preference).

my daily cary is mostly with a personal defense appeal and everyday tasks as a secondary. i carry a crkt m21 g10 in tip down carry.

Feedback Score
    check out CRKT they make some good knives, i carry one as well but cant remember the model bc its not on me. I prefer the serrated blades - like previously posted, its personal preference. I like the ability to cut things using the serration if i need it. I use drop points so you have a normal blade anyway.

Like i always say (usually about carrying my guns): I'd much rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have been carrying one of these for over seven years and love the weight, blade shape, and axis lock - Benchmade Mini Griptillian

I am a non-serrated blade guy as well.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    My choice in this price range would be a Benchmade Griptilian. I like the Axis lock and the handles fit my hands well (they have a more rounded profile and are less "flat" than a lot of other knives). The Spyderco Delica and Endura are good knives in this price range as well.

I prefer plain edges. I've yet to run into a situation where I wished I had a serrated blade.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Plain edge lockback is all I will carry.

Spyderco Endura and the Sog Fusion Salute are my reasonably priced EDC knives.
    Last edited by anatolian B; 01-20-11 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys, I looked at the crkt knives and really like a lot of them. One other question though- opinions on tanto blades?

Feedback Score

benchy

+1 for benchmade griptillian. Their lock is way stronger then a wussy liner lock. I too prefer a plain blade, as a survival instructor i cut more wood then rope. But like others have said that is personal preference.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at the Kershaw Blur.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    +1. You can even mod the round hole model to open like an Emerson wave.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    +1 for benchmade griptillian. Their lock is way stronger then a wussy liner lock. I too prefer a plain blade, as a survival instructor i cut more wood then rope. But like others have said that is personal preference.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast