Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: No more Saiga shotguns?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More of a joke from ATF. They state the sporting clause many change on what is sporting then throw out USAPSA/ISPC as a sport and go back to traditional dying skeet/trap. No reference is made at all to the militia aspect under US Code of every citizen. Nor any USSC decisions. Notice under type of stocks it never mentioned any of the collaspable stocks that Rem/Moss put on their turkey guns.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    It also says lighweight shotguns are sporting and heavy ones are not for sporting purposes. But!!! folding stocks "to make them lighter" are not for sporting purposes. o.O

I can't tell if it's stupidity or barely held in check contempt...
    Last edited by ZRH; 04-15-11 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    In the wake of Heller and MacDonald I have to wonder why all of the pro-2A groups do not come together and challenge the sporting purposes crap in the 1968 GCA?
    I don't know if you would have any standing. They don't say you can't own one, just that it can't be imported.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRH View Post
    It also says lighweight shotguns are sporting and heavy ones are not for sporting purposes. But!!! folding stocks "to make them lighter" are not for sporting purposes. o.O

I can't tell if it's stupidity or barely held in check contempt...
    Tough call there. Bureaucrats aren't exactly known for using logic or common sense when dealing with issues . . . After reading that report I can honestly say I feel stupider (not dumber, flat out brain cells dying from bs and ass-hattery). ATF isn't concerned with changing regulations with the times; they are only worried about reinforcing the same stupid crap that previous idiots made into law. "Sporting purposes" is such a joke anyway. "Police" type competitions aren't considered sporting events even though they are . . . yeah, that makes sense. Good job ATF feasibility study bureaucrats; your pandering to pansy asses is keeping our country safe from the big bad importable shotguns. Tax payers paid for that load of crap; I want my money back.
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617