Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob cleaning question- Slip 2000 EWL

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Here is a hint

M-Pro 7 == Hoppes Elite

Technically this is not true as the Hoppes Elite and M-Pro 7 gun cleaner are each slightly tweaked formulas but for you and me it is true. They are both made by Pantheon Chemical and are the same technology.

My local Wal-Mart sells Hoppes Elite in small containers. I have also seen Hoppes Elite (make sure it says ELITE on it) at various other places locally like Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabelas.
    Now that's interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by shittercrewchief View Post
    Go with the SLiP 2000 725 cleaner/degreaser next time you have a chance to buy a big bottle of it. It cleans great and is non toxic and no bad smells of other solvents.
    I think I will- haven't tried the 'Elite' yet, but if it's anything like the usual Hoppes I want out- stuff smells up such a large area, and I'm not to keen about inhaling it.... a little extra shipping would probably be worth it.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Now that's interesting....

I think I will- haven't tried the 'Elite' yet, but if it's anything like the usual Hoppes I want out- stuff smells up such a large area, and I'm not to keen about inhaling it.... a little extra shipping would probably be worth it.
    Hoppes Elite is nothing like normal Hoppes gun cleaner. It is basically odorless and "non toxic" and is basically M-Pro 7. It has slightly more of the carbon cutter part and slightly less of the "barrel conditioning" part than m-Pro 7 and is marketed to sport shooters and competitive shooters while M-Pro 7 is marketed at .mil/Leo and hunters. But the differences are basically for marketing purposes for most people.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A year or so ago a co-worker turned me on to Gunzilla as a non-toxic weapons cleaner. They advertise it as a lube also but I prefer Slip 2000 for that purpose. Anyway, I got a big bottle of it and have been pleased so far.

Feedback Score
    Hoppes Elite and Mpro7 is the way to go. No smell at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12