Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO)?

Feedback Score

Thoughts on the new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO)?

Hi all,

The new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO) announced at SHOW Show sounds very interesting to me. It seems to have everything you need in a nicely-priced package for people on a budget. What are people's thoughts on this? Will the mount that comes with it give the optic an absolute or lower 1/3 co-witness? Here's some details on it:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...rol-optic-pro/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46snSW9f7ik

Thanks for your insight.

Chris

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Well, it's a comp M2 in a newly designed mount. It seems to be a very good/proven package for a reasonable price. I was hoping to see some revolutionary variable power red dot this year, but no dice. Hopefully they will get around to it soon.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Anybody know if the $440 number that's being quoted everywhere is MSRP or street?
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Anybody know if the $440 number that's being quoted everywhere is MSRP or street?
    I would guess MSRP because the Aimpoint rep on the video quoted the price. Should be able to get these a bit cheaper on the "street."
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score

Long time coming.

I am really happy that Aimpoint is offering this package and also making it very public.

I was told by a reputable dealer that Aimpoint offers their M-Series with the original QRP mount for roughly the same price as the useless low profile mount that you usually get.

The problem is that if a dealer offers that cheap package, they will not be able to sell you a Larue or ADM mount with your new M-Series. This is borderline hearsay, but that same dealer did sell me a complete M2 with QRP and flip covers for $439.99. And yes, it was all packaged as a kit, in one single box from Aimpoint.

If these hit the street at $400, they will sell like crazy.

Feedback Score
    Wow, that price plants it in the realm of a lot of "mass market" sales.

It looks like the MSRP on that complete PRO optic (mount incl.) is cheaper than what you'd pay for a Comp C3 w/ AD mount right now... not bad at all for a 2MOA optic with better water resistance (if that matters).

Very cool.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pretty much agree with Dunderway. I've been steering people towards the C3 2 MOA with ADM mount at $465 for quite some time now.

IMHO the QRP mount is not ideal, and has some issues, but it's workable at least as a jumping-in point. and depending on what kind of feedback they get from their dealer network Aimpoint may modify the package. Although I suppose this could just be a way to divest themselves of old QRP stock or to keep turning a profit off of an existing production chain for those mounts.

Either way, if someone can get an Aimpoint with proper-height mount for $425, that's a great deal and a good way to get started with RDS. I suspect that, other than the mount, virtually all who are honest with themselves will find no reason to change the optic.

Feedback Score
    wow.

this looks like the af kit but alot cheaper

http://swfa.com/Aimpoint-CompM2-30mm...it-P44111.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah at 440 MSRP...im very excited for this mount.

I wonder who will get them in stock first?

-J

Feedback Score

more please....

"IMHO the QRP mount is not ideal, and has some issues, but it's workable at least as a jumping-in point."

Ya wanna expand on this OPINION and let the rest of us know why?

UPDATE: I have the M2/QRP-II, which is improved; thats why I inquired.
    Last edited by PRTrooper; 01-26-11 at 20:45. Reason: added info

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast