Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO)?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would be more interested if it was offered without a mount.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    We just got word that Aimpoint has shipped our order for these. We also found out that this is an LE Dealer thing. Meaning that commercial and Military Aimpoint dealers won't be allowed to order them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We just got word that Aimpoint has shipped our order for these. We also found out that this is an LE Dealer thing. Meaning that commercial and Military Aimpoint dealers won't be allowed to order them.

C4
    Got an ETA and price on these? This looks like a decent aimpoint that fits my budget.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
    Got an ETA and price on these? This looks like a decent aimpoint that fits my budget.
    Guestimate that it will be in the low $400's.

C4

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Put one aside for me!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    C4
    Wow. Nice work Grant and Aimpoint. I am in a state of disbelief that I will actually go from seeing a product released at Shot Show to having it in my hands in less than a month.

Hope you ordered a bunch of them.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Not sure how it will sell. Perhaps even people on a budget, will save up a little more, to get the more packed and loaded item. Even if they do not need the extra features. It's the American thing to do, we want to super size everything.

Don't rule out the higher end Aimpoints. If someone wants an Aimpoint, most likely thing is they are going to want and Super Size it.

The old days are missed when there were so few choices, that made acquiring optics and other things much easier. These days there are so many choices, we end up getting every model.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    Interesting. Not sure how it will sell. Perhaps even people on a budget, will save up a little more, to get the more packed and loaded item.
    Actually, my impression is that it will sell extremely well.

With the notable exception of the T-1, which takes us down a very different path with respect to both form factor and weight, the differences between the M2, M3 and M4 just aren't terribly significant in a functional sense. Yes, you can get updated circuitry, better battery life and a more precise aiming point in the newer models, but in actual use, all of that added expense doesn't really translate into better performance when it comes to printing in the black at the most commonly-encountered distances.

I dare say that most shooters who prefer a full-size tube would be perfectly content with an M2-style optic that offered the M3's 2MOA aiming point, along with some of the battery life enhancements seen in later models like the M4. It seems to me that this is exactly what Aimpoint has sought to provide with the PRO. You get more precision, improved battery life and a familiar form factor at a price that is much, much easier to justify for a non-magnified optic.

Time will tell, and I may well be proven wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new PRO takes much of the shine away from the traditional M series, since there is no longer much reason to pay a premium for features that offer incremental improvements at best. If I can buy a brace of PROs for nearly the same basic outlay as one M4, what would I really stand to gain by going with the latter? Granted, the question is rhetorical, but for those of us who have increasingly found ourselves standing on the sidelines, cheering Aimpoint on, but chafing at the price creep of the full-size models, the PRO would seem to be just what the doctor ordered.

AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This sight offers an Aimpoint meal on an EoTech budget. Its a win-win. I have seen many agencies, and officers, bemoan the price of the Aimpoint, and its requirement to buy a separate mount, for years. Price is most often the reason the EoTech is purchased, and by department heads and officers who dont know any better. When the sight fails, they all run to Aimpoint, but only after outlaying substantial money for the seemingly less expensive initial price. Now, hopefully, a truly duty ready sight will find its way into the mainstream.

Feedback Score
    I just bought one! The deal on these is better than anticipated.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast