Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: SureFire X300

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BClendening View Post
    I picked up a X300 the other day for my G19 and put 130 rounds through it and noticed the obvious wear on top of the light. I haven't messed with it much to see if it's burned or it's just carbon that's caked on. Is this normal wear or am I just being to anal about it? I realize the light is designed to be used like this, but it's my first light and I just wanted to make sure I'm not paranoid.

Its normal and you will see it occurr with most lights on pistols sized similar to the G19. Just make sure you dont let the carbon on the lens harden too much. Its a bear to remove once its been on there a while

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Its normal and you will see it occurr with most lights on pistols sized similar to the G19. Just make sure you dont let the carbon on the lens harden too much. Its a bear to remove once its been on there a while
    Thanks, I just made a thread about this, figured this one was pretty much dead. I got it off the lense, it's just on the top of the bezel where it gets the blast. But there's people putting it through much more than me, so I can't complain, just didn't want it to cake on if it was cleanable with some work.

Feedback Score
    Anybody having issues with their X300 being extremely tight, when you first get it?

I swapped out the (U) hardware for the (P) hardware, and mounted it on the rails of my AR. It's almost a 2 person operation to get it on, and off. I've seen YouTube videos, and the light slides on and off easily.

One thing is for sure. It's on there nice and solid! There's no play, and it doesn't rattle. It could stay on there permanently, except that the battery cover doesn't open far enough to replace the batteries, while the light is mounted.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mine was super tight when I first got it but once I had it on and off a few times it was fine.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Ranger View Post
    Anybody having issues with their X300 being extremely tight, when you first get it?

I swapped out the (U) hardware for the (P) hardware, and mounted it on the rails of my AR. It's almost a 2 person operation to get it on, and off. I've seen YouTube videos, and the light slides on and off easily.

One thing is for sure. It's on there nice and solid! There's no play, and it doesn't rattle. It could stay on there permanently, except that the battery cover doesn't open far enough to replace the batteries, while the light is mounted.
    I had the opposite problem with my X300 on a Glock 22. There was a little bit of play when it was mounted. I took the screws (6 of them I think) out that hold the mounting rails onto the light, added blue loctite and while I tightened the screws I applied inward pressure to the mounting rails as I tightened the screws. The light fit much tighter after that. There is enough play to allow for a slight adjustment that might make it easier to get on and off your rail.

I hope this explanation was clear enough.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Ranger View Post

This is typical of Surefire products in my experience. Tight mounts and hard switches but after a break in period its fine.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My X300 was tight on the M&P .45...a little extra oomph and it's fine. It loosened up a little over time, but it still fits well.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415