Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire X300

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    What are your thoughts on using a X300 on a AR carbine? Will it at least give the same lighting capability as a Scout Light?

The LED on the Scout is just a standard Lux. The X300 has the CREE so IMHO, the X300 would make an excellent choice on an AR. Couple the X300 with the XT07 tape switch and think it will be a fantastic setup!

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant,

What you mentioned is very close to what I have in mind. I seem to be moving to smaller and smaller units as the weapon light technology advances. It's one of the few accessories that is actually getting better and smaller at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The X300 has the CREE so IMHO, the X300 would make an excellent choice on an AR. Couple the X300 with the XT07 tape switch and think it will be a fantastic setup!

C4
    Could you PM me with how much 2 of these combos would cost me? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Grant,

What you mentioned is very close to what I have in mind. I seem to be moving to smaller and smaller units as the weapon light technology advances. It's one of the few accessories that is actually getting better and smaller at the same time.

With age comes wisdom. We realize that a very heavy is a bad thing and if we can cut the weight down here and there then all the better.

I have been doing more and more CQB type training and having gone through Vickers low light shooting course (and going back this Nov) I have come the realization that a light mounted at the 12 positioned is really the best place. The problem with this is that you need a torch that is very low in profile as you need to be able to see your irons.

I intend to work up some guns with the X300 and the XT07 mounted at the 12 position and run them through some low light training.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have come the realization that a light mounted at the 12 positioned is really the best place. The problem with this is that you need a torch that is very low in profile as you need to be able to see your irons.
    C4
    i'm assuming this is mounted in front over the barrel, not behind the front sight on the rail?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    i'm assuming this is mounted in front over the barrel, not behind the front sight on the rail?

Correct. The light would go in front of the front sight.

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm thinking something like this:

would allow for that mounting option described. At least on a carbine gas system.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Yes, if you had a fixed front sight. If you were running a low profile GB and a rail mounted flip up sight, any rail would do.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    gotcha - makes sense.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant,

Very true about mounting the light at 12 o'clock. IIRC, Ned Christiansen designed such mount a few years ago. He was really way ahead of the curve!

Here's Ned's mount.

I think my old school KAC FF-RAS MRE might be able to do the 12 o'clock mount.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast