Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crooked Troy rear battlesight?

Feedback Score

crooked Troy rear battlesight?

Hello,

I recently got a Troy rear folding battle sight. If I line everything up visually, when the sight is up, the frame that holds the apertures seems bent slightly to the left. I assume its supposed to be completely straight. It is SLIGHT, however i noticed it while making sure all my sights were in alignment. I also noticed I had to adjust my windage to the right a couple clicks too. Is this a bum sight, or can I work with it?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    If you think you have a defective sight, contact Troy. They'll make it right.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    If you think you have a defective sight, contact Troy. They'll make it right.
    Nuff said.
    "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

FOX is NOT news, its entertainment

"AND ITS HARD. . .TO HOLD BACK THE HATE"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Most like your eyes playing tricks on you. I have the same sight (bcm branded) and, from center, it took 12 clicks to the right to get a zero. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

A note on optical illusions. When I look down my rifle with my right eye closed, the stamping in the barrel is cocked to the left. The stamping is cocked to the right with my left eye closed. Without gages, its usually pretty hard to eyeball things as far as radial alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by ejewels View Post
    I recently got a Troy rear folding battle sight. If I line everything up visually, when the sight is up, the frame that holds the apertures seems bent slightly to the left. I assume its supposed to be completely straight. It is SLIGHT, however i noticed it while making sure all my sights were in alignment. I also noticed I had to adjust my windage to the right a couple clicks too. Is this a bum sight, or can I work with it?
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    thanks guys. I haven't contacted troy because of what the last post said. I'm wondering if it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When you say you had to adjust the windage a couple clicks, was that to visually align things in the living room or needing to adjust it to zero on the range?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ej
    I also noticed I had to adjust my windage to the right a couple clicks too.
    I've had rifles where the windage adjustment has been quite heavily off one way or the other. Doesn't matter so long as you can get zeroed; that is what the adjustment is for.

If you do think there is a manufacturing defect and the sight is crooked, however, I've no doubt Troy will help you out.
    Last edited by SA80Dan; 01-27-11 at 08:18.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanpete View Post
    When you say you had to adjust the windage a couple clicks, was that to visually align things in the living room or needing to adjust it to zero on the range?
    The adjustments were made to zero on the range...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think this was an issue on one batch of early Troy rear sights, but I haven't heard of any problems recently. I bought a Troy rear back when they were first released and contacted Troy. They sent me a new steel locking plate and it solved the issue. I still have that sight on my rifle.

As others have said, call Troy and they will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    Well, if the rifle is zeroed, its zeroed correct? Even if I have to adjust my windage about 8-9 clicks and it may be slightly bent to the left, as long as its zeroed, it should work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast