Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refinishing a SLR-95

Feedback Score
    I would say spend the money and send it off. It will be worth it considering the crap the previous owner did to the rifle.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was in shock when I first saw it, it should be a crime. I've gotten some quotes to blast, park and GK it and it's a lot cheaper then I thought. Any good recommendations on who to send it to?
    Last edited by reccerecon; 01-27-11 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    I just sent off my Arsenal SGL-21 to Rifle Dynamics for parkerizing and moly-cote. Look 'em up.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How much did that cost you, and how many hours did it take? I know you get what you pay for, and I want a good job done so I think this is the place to go.

Feedback Score
    Its going to come out to about $300. $150 for parkerizing and $150 for the moly-resin.

To be honest its going to take about 3 weeks. I dont mind waiting, as I know the job will be done right.
    Last edited by Magnificant Bastard; 01-28-11 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Actually the original finish on the SLR-95's wasn't anything to write home about, it wasn't powder coated.

Park it and GK the color of your choice, it will have a much better finish than the original.
    So-So true my SLR-95 you could see the over-spray through the muzzle brake. If I had to guess it was just plain enamel Black paint defiantly nothing special.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's not a bad price at all. I was getting the same range for just painting it through other places. I'm tempted to also have the Bolten gas block installed, but I also like the AK look. What's the veridic on those?

Feedback Score
    Rifle Dynamics has some interesting pics of a Bolten Block that was pretty abused and held up.

Me personally, I prefer the traditional AK look so that is what I stuck with.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you're going to send it out, might want to think about getting the muzzle brake taken off and the muzzle threaded for 14/1mm lh threads, with a detent pin installed. Then add your US parts and stock set of your choice, and you'd basically have an Arsenal M7 Carbine for less than it would cost you to get one new.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was thinking about doing that and also swapping the gas block for one with the bayonet lug. I'm not planing on doing a bayonet charge, I just want one because I can and I don't want to regret not having it done later on after I already paid for the paint job. What trigger do you recommend? It has a double catch, but Kvar U.S. made ones I've found are single, and I'm not a big fan of Tapco who seem to make the most 922r triggers. Also will a trigger pin retaining plate work on milled receivers? Sorry for all the questions, I never got this involved with AK's before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast