Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA-LEE View Post
I have personally and extensively field tested 000B, 00B, and #4B, including on vehicles, wallboard, plywood, and water jugs. I found that the heaviest buckshot pellets penetrate the deepest and spread the least. Consequently, 000B & 00B are what I loaded my shotguns with as a cop and when I lived in a remote mountain area with bears and mountain lions but no close neighbors.

However, now that I live in the burbs with close neighbors all around I have opted for #4 buck for my in-house gun because it penetrates the least and spreads the most.
Its funny, you answer inconsistencies in your story with more inconsistencies.

Heavier projectiles penetrate more because of momentum, and that that has been known for DECADES. Lighter pellets dont necessarily spread more out of shotguns, its dependent upon choke, shotgun, ammo, wad, etc. I have seen 4B loads make a beautifully tight pattern at 15 and 20 meters from a Mossberg 9200A1.

If your 4B load offers less penetration in sheetrock, it will offer less penetration in a human. Penetration is necessary to reach vital body structures and increase bleed out. Why in God's name would you use something with less penetration? Your testing is as ridiculous as your claims.

What size buck is "best" depends on the expected targets and the situation.
Not really, what works best depends on what does the most damage.

What department? I'll give you a hint: At that time it was the city PD with the highest crime rate for its size in the US. What difference does that make anyway? It's anchient history.
Every cop from Bum****, ID to Jersey City, NJ likes to make that claim. So why not just stop obfuscating and answer the question.

Have you been able to find a large number of cases where home invaders withstood more than two center mass blasts of 12ga buckshot without dropping, surrendering or fleeing? If so, please point me to them.
I didnt claim that. I claimed that there are many shooting in which there are more than two badguys, and that there are many shooting in which badguys stand and fight. I even provided a link to a website that tracks shooting, both inside a domicile and outside. I knew you wouldnt check the link because you're a coward.

IMO there is nothing wrong with using pumps, autoloaders, hi-cap rifles or pistols for home defense. I have used them all at one time or another and may do so again if my situation changes.
No you havent. For if you did you'd see the distinct advantage of them over a lowly double barrel shotgun and "pocket 9mm".

My truck gun, for example, is an SKS, not a shotgun. Is a 10 shot SKS "better" than a 30 shot AR? Nope. But if it gets stolen I'm only out $200. So there are reasons for using certain guns that don't necessarily have anything to do with what is "best". And besides that, what is "best" for one person may not be "best" for another. Which is one reason why there are so many different kinds of guns on the market.
You needed to paragraphs to pad your argument. The second one which should've been a part of the first paragraph, and your last one.

That said, if you have such faith in your idiotic choice of shotgun and ammo, why dont you carry that in your trunk. Where's the confidence? You just said you tested 00B and 000B on cars in the past.

Your posts have more holes in them than the wall of your house when you miss your target.