Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prisoners in SHTF?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Prisoners in SHTF?

Prisoners during SHTF?

I suppose that there are standing orders on what to do with dangerous prisoners during a SHTF which is bad enough to cause all of the guards to go home to take care of their families. Are the prisoners to be locked down and left? Are they to be released? Other?

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Ive never heard of a standing order, but I imagine if SHTF for real, there would be a lot of dead people behind bars as the correction officers go to take care of their families.
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 01-28-11 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5471711396755#

If the SHTF I guess the bad guys are SOL.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Well

I don't know if it is authorized. But I have a friend who is the Deputy Warden of a state prison. He said the really bad prisoners he would have shot, the medium danger ones locked down to starve, and the minimum ones left to fend for themselves. The guards would be sent home and the prison would be locked and attack dogs and electric fence switched on. Sounds pretty bleak, but if it was SHTF I really wouldn't want murderers and rapists running loose. We would have enough "innocent" people doing that already.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

to bad

I can honestly say I could not be concerned if SHTF with those guys anyways.
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shouldve read this earlier, wouldve been a good question to bring up during ART this week.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    I don't know if it is authorized. But I have a friend who is the Deputy Warden of a state prison. He said the really bad prisoners he would have shot, the medium danger ones locked down to starve, and the minimum ones left to fend for themselves. The guards would be sent home and the prison would be locked and attack dogs and electric fence switched on. Sounds pretty bleak, but if it was SHTF I really wouldn't want murderers and rapists running loose. We would have enough "innocent" people doing that already.
    Dude's nutting up, and minding his civic duty. In a situation where normal folks would be on the brink, letting low-lifes out would be akin to pouring accelerant on an out-of-control fire.

It's not PC, but I'm with your Warden friend on this one.

Feedback Score
    I take a slightly different tack on it. In a true SHTF, for all but the true sociopaths, I think the prisoners would find the outside world a lot different. Their anti-social behaviors will get them killed, not reported to the authorities. Still not a good idea to have them out and about but I don't think it will be the the happy hunting grounds they think they'll find.

jklaughery- tell your buddy that he should brand the ones that he has to let go so we can better separate the wheat from the chaff.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

You mean like "Hobo Chaff", LOL. Seriously though I think he plans on flooding the units and letting them drown like rats on a ship.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Interesting. So, allegedly, this member of goverment conspires to commit mass murder....

Anyway, if the prisoners were to be left for dead, the prison would be broken into by armed gangs/militias/guerrillas/insurgents looking for more muscle and recruit a whole bunch of angry hard-asses.

Some loose prisoners will create their own gang. Guess which homes they'll be visiting first. Hate to be the warden, talk about "bleak".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast