Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45ACP/200 gr ballistics info?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KCabbage View Post
    Cavities are tailored to that bullet's weight and velocity. For instance, the 230gr. load travels around 890 FPS and the 200gr. load at 1080 FPS. If the 230gr. load is designed around 890 FPS then it would more than likely over expand or possibly even fragment at 1080 FPS.

I have no idea whether that particular bullet has been recently modified or not. From the bare gelatin results you would think that load was designed for warmer climates where maybe just a T-shirt is commonplace. Either way it's a dismal performing round that doesn't deserve anymore of your attention.

As Doc recommended, if you want a lighter, faster load I would look towards the 185gr. copper.
    I last bought a box of this stuff to test about 6 months ago, and it continued to show a conical hollowpoint, compared to the cylindrical hollowpoint seen in other bullets. This is consistent with what I observed the previous time I played with the ammo.

Feedback Score
    Seems to me Speer doesn't want to put much effort into correcting the issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Seems to me Speer doesn't want to put much effort into correcting the issue.
    I think the offering of a 230gr +P load that performs quite well and offering a 185gr option kind of makes a 200gr a fairly moot point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12