Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Winchester Military-Grade Buckshot"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Rio makes some very reasonable priced low recoil buck that even functions in my 1100.

Feedback Score

Question Fiocchi Low Recoil #00?

Any opinions on the Fiocchi Low Recoil "Law Enforcement" #00 loads? 9-pellet, 1150fps on the box. I can't seem to find much practical data on these shells.

Shoots pretty softly (lighter than even Remington Managed Recoil, 8-pellet, 1200fps) and seems to pattern OK out of my 590A1 for shells that come in at only about $0.60/each shipped.

The clear shell hull is fairly unique, so there is no mistaking that these are buckshot since you can see the pellets inside.

What's interesting is that the brass seems "mid" length compared to low brass game loads and the high brass buckshot/slugs from other vendors.

I'm going to test more of the ones I've got, but they seem like a reasonable choice for class use at the very least.

Feedback Score
    I had about 250 rounds of the Winchester Military buckshot. I did not have any problems with it. The quality seemed to be the same as any other "civilian" buckshot.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Mil spec?, never seen it. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember what we had but it wasn't that.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Its pretty low quality.

Here is a quick comparison I did on it last year.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=224340

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Mil spec?, never seen it. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember what we had but it wasn't that.
    That red hull is standard for Winchester. Probably the same stuff as the "mil-spec", 9 pellet 00 buck, but in the standard commercial color hull.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    i just watched about 3000 rds. of the mil. spec. win.OO go down range this past friday. it is nothing more than standard win. OO, main difference is green hulls blackend case heads , when cut open it contains unplated shot has the white filler and cardboard wading. it patterns like crap. this is just an observation boys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    i just watched about 3000 rds. of the mil. spec. win.OO go down range this past friday. it is nothing more than standard win. OO, main difference is green hulls blackend case heads , when cut open it contains unplated shot has the white filler and cardboard wading. it patterns like crap. this is just an observation boys.
    It does pattern like crap

C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prc77 View Post
    It does pattern like crap
    That's been my experience with it as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DODAAC A011

As you can Winchester SuperX is the same load. I still carry this load in the 870 that I'm using now.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123