Thread: I have this old 80% upper and lower.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have this old 80% upper and lower.

I know it's one of colts because of the stamp above the trigger guard. The lower markings are -123 MMA 7075 The upper is marked 7075 KAE 71 where the ejection port should be. I didn't see a "c" where the c/h catch is. It is a fixed rear sight. On the lower there is no shelf like my semi's. And it is fenced around the safety. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a 16a1?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think I found one similar on the retroblack rifle site. My suspicion it is a 16A1 seems to be confirmed.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    If you can post a photo you will probably quickly get an answer.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Looks like an A1 upper and an A2 lower. You can tell the lower's an A2 by the radius of the cuts for the front pin, and the extra beefing-up around the buffer tube area.

It'd be nice to see those completed...
    Last edited by The Cat; 02-03-11 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks, in my mind I thought something was amiss between the two. If I were to complete the lower do you have any idea as to what requirements would have to be made for the registration?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox1975 View Post
    Thanks, in my mind I thought something was amiss between the two. If I were to complete the lower do you have any idea as to what requirements would have to be made for the registration?
    I don't know for sure - so I'll defer to someone more educated than me about that.

Has the magwell been broached?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    yes it has all the machining except for the bolt catch, mag release catch groove, fcg holes, and takedown pin holes.