Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Gun Shop List w/ Reviews,

Feedback Score

Quattro's hunting supplies

There is a small gun shop on Rt 44 about 5 miles east of Pleasant Valley and 1/2 mile west of the Taconic State Parkway. Its attached to a small market/deli.

I was only there one time and i recall they had a limited selection - more geared towards hunting. Their focus may have changed as I have not been there in about 2 years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quatros. That is it. Yea it was an odd little shop, had a nice selection of AR's but it was really little and total mom and pop. Which I personally like.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    I live in the Rochester area and do most if not all my bussiness with.

Avon Gun and Hunting supply in Avon NY
    The owner is retired USCG and a big NRA promoter he is AR frendly and very well versed all employes are vets. Prices are negotable. Jim, Tim and John

TOP NOTCH Firearms sale in Canandaigua NY
    This guy is in local Law Enforcement and runs his bussiness on the side. Hell of a nice guy and his shop is devoted to ARs seams to know his shit.

The LANO GROUP in Honeoye NY
    500 yard range and very AR frendly deals with some volume sales and show room is well stocked and very frendly. Ask for Chris

Victor PRO gun Victor NY
    These guys are hit and miss prices are very high, the shop has a great selection of hunting/AR/Battle rifles and all sorts of pistols. They are help full and easy to deal with some minor gun smithing services.

Beikirchs Ammo Corp East Rochester NY, next to Sentry safe co
    Hugh shop! AMMO AMMO AMMO great prices MIL/LE discounts, they sell everything. Staff is good if you know who to talk to a few guys are boobs. I get all my bulk and reloading supplys there. I have never bought a weapon here but they have it all not all out to see. They have LMT, Sako TRGS and started selling hand guns ,but the pistol guy is a "know it all". Ask for Bod, Jim or Hans

I have heard rumor of another shop opening up in Webster devoted to ARs but there is no hours yet. There are other shops around but these shops in general can talk the talk and walk the walk in regard to good info there is no BS involved when shoping here. If you dont have a clue what your talking about they will flat out tell you.
    I live in Webster and recently got the AR bug, so I am looking through all options available. The place in Webster is called Allstar Tactical, I don't know much, but what I do know is that it is owned by a gentleman named Mike, he owns a few other business ran out of the same building. He seems like he knows what he's doing, I went in there to buy pre-ban mags, and i asked him how much it would run me for an AR built by him, with his own machined lower and I believe matched upper (no info about either), he quoted me $1250.

Keilon Gunsmith - Webster NY - In an old barn, a decent collection of weapons for sale, but nothing to gawk at. The gunsmith knows what he's talking about, has a lot of information, not much of a guy to give opinions on things, but he definitely appreciates the older style weapons and older style things in general, just things I've picked up from talking to him.

Beikirchs - Large selection to choose from, the guy I talked to pushed LMT on me hard, said they are the best. Had good dealings on ammo from them for my other guns. Great place for a good price.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    B&J's- Albany, NY (Central Ave.)
    VERY Black gun Friendly. Great inventory. Prolific Staff knowledge. Ammo & all manner of accessories out the wazoo. Brian the owner has 2 locations other than the one I mentioned. 1 in Try and the other in Amsterdam. **WARNING** Don't go in this shop with thin skin if you are a BullSht artist or think you are going to sell/ trade them your crap gun for something better or think you are gonna haggle them down. They give great pricing and will not negotiate that.

Lynn's- Davenport, NY (Rt. 23)
    Lynn is very good at what she does is an encyclopedia of C&R type stuff and MOST of what she has is used but keeps a small inventory of new. VERY any color gun friendly and does a lot of internet stuff.
    **NOTE** Lynn is the best when it comes to shipping FFL to FFL issues. Inexpensive and very helpful.

Losie's- Oneonta, NY (Rt 23)
    Not a Black gun guy, although he will order one for you and price it way above the going rate. Thinks he is the only game around and his prices are friggin through the roof. He is 10 minutes from my house and I'll drive an hour and fifteen past him to buy or even look at something.

Delaware Sports
    (I think is the name)- Margaretville, NY
    Never bought a gun there but he has a large eclectic inventory, great ammo supply and good prices. He is quick to work with you on pricing if you are L.E. or military.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TweakFTW View Post
    I live in Webster and recently got the AR bug, so I am looking through all options available. The place in Webster is called Allstar Tactical, I don't know much, but what I do know is that it is owned by a gentleman named Mike, he owns a few other business ran out of the same building. He seems like he knows what he's doing, I went in there to buy pre-ban mags, and i asked him how much it would run me for an AR built by him, with his own machined lower and I believe matched upper (no info about either), he quoted me $1250.

Keilon Gunsmith - Webster NY - In an old barn, a decent collection of weapons for sale, but nothing to gawk at. The gunsmith knows what he's talking about, has a lot of information, not much of a guy to give opinions on things, but he definitely appreciates the older style weapons and older style things in general, just things I've picked up from talking to him.

Beikirchs - Large selection to choose from, the guy I talked to pushed LMT on me hard, said they are the best. Had good dealings on ammo from them for my other guns. Great place for a good price.
    Salesmen are salesmen no matter where you go. I don’t ask them questions I find that most don’t know as much as I do (sounds very arrogant I know) Guys in Avon know more than anyone in the area in my opinion.

I watched a salesmen at Beikirchs try to sell a guy a LMT MRP he had no idea what he was talking about.

Jon

Feedback Score
    Salesmen are salesmen no matter where you go. I don’t ask them questions I find that most don’t know as much as I do (sounds very arrogant I know) Guys in Avon know more than anyone in the area in my opinion.

I watched a salesmen at Beikirchs try to sell a guy a LMT MRP he had no idea what he was talking about.

Jon
    I'll have to take a trip to Avon I suppose. I'm still learning more and more about the AR, still need to decide on what i want. I'll be headed to the gun show tomorrow afternoon, hopefully find a few AR's that I might possibly interested in.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    gunshow is going to be over priced but good luck

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TweakFTW View Post
    I'll have to take a trip to Avon I suppose. I'm still learning more and more about the AR, still need to decide on what i want. I'll be headed to the gun show tomorrow afternoon, hopefully find a few AR's that I might possibly interested in.
    I was thinking about this last night and I suppose you better off learning here then going to a shop and telling them what you want.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm for sure not buying anything at the show, I just want to go get my hands on a few. I won't be buying one for at least a month or two, so I have time to figure out what to do. I'm still learning what to look for in the rifle, hopefully in the next month ill be an expert

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

TOP NOTCH Firearms sale in Canandaigua NY
    This guy is in local Law Enforcement and runs his bussiness on the side. Hell of a nice guy and his shop is devoted to ARs seams to know his shit.
    His name is Keith, and he's on the ontario county swat team, as their "breacher". Great guy. No reason to go anywhere else, as he can do FFL transfers for a great price, and has a whole shop full of AR smithing tools if you need some work done. 5 stars, highly recommended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast