Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MARS armament builds- lets see em

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up MARS armament builds- lets see em

With a pending build from steve myself and i saw a couple people talk about starting a mars only thread, here we are. If you have one of steve's pics post up, with pics and impressions.
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Here is a few photos of my Mars Axiom. I love this pistol. I have about 1,000 rounds through it without a problem.

Before Mars:

After:

The looks are great, but I think the best part is the reliablity and the fact I know I can depend on it if I need it.

Colin

Feedback Score
    Removed Photos
    Last edited by colinmc; 02-02-11 at 16:55. Reason: Photos of process

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MARS THUG - Colt Government Model Series 70

I could not be happier with the work Steve did for me.

After a few trips to the range, a few IPSC matches, and about a thousand rounds since November, I had one malfunction attributed to a faulty magazine. The THUG is not picky about ammo. Rangers, Gold Dots, Winchester WB HP and FMJ, cheap Magtechs, down to my own reloads, all perform without any complications. In terms of accuracy, I can not say enough, other than it most definitely outshoots my abilities. Fit and finish are admirably executed, and exactly as specified. His attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of function and appearance. In short, Steve's work instills confidence in function, and a pride of ownership.

As mentioned before, I could not be happier. Well, one more from Steve couldn't hurt.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    This is my 01919 Axiom Steve built for me. Unfortunately I only had it in my hands for two weeks before it had to go back to Steve. It has yet to return, but rest assured Steve is on the case and his follow up service has been very good and I have 100% confidence that my issue will be resolved. I will reserve comment on the issue, until it is resolved. That being said, I love the way the gun feels, and fits in my hand. The MARS golf ball treatment and gold bead front sight are my favorite aspects of the build.

"You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 350_eight08 View Post
    I could not be happier with the work Steve did for me.

After a few trips to the range, a few IPSC matches, and about a thousand rounds since November, I had one malfunction attributed to a faulty magazine. The THUG is not picky about ammo. Rangers, Gold Dots, Winchester WB HP and FMJ, cheap Magtechs, down to my own reloads, all perform without any complications. In terms of accuracy, I can not say enough, other than it most definitely outshoots my abilities. Fit and finish are admirably executed, and exactly as specified. His attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of function and appearance. In short, Steve's work instills confidence in function, and a pride of ownership.

As mentioned before, I could not be happier. Well, one more from Steve couldn't hurt.
    Beautiful Colt. The simple stuff is always the best!
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Beautiful Colt. The simple stuff is always the best!
    Thanks Grunt! Steve's no-nonsense approach regarding his 1911 work is a big part about what led me to him. My original goal was function over form but in the end when my pistol got here, I realized I ended up with a nice combo of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    This is my 01919 Axiom Steve built for me. Unfortunately I only had it in my hands for two weeks before it had to go back to Steve. It has yet to return, but rest assured Steve is on the case and his follow up service has been very good and I have 100% confidence that my issue will be resolved. I will reserve comment on the issue, until it is resolved. That being said, I love the way the gun feels, and fits in my hand. The MARS golf ball treatment and gold bead front sight are my favorite aspects of the build.
    Dos, I too have no doubt your Axiom will be fine no matter the concern. Like you've said, Steve's on it and I know he takes these things very seriously. Hope she gets here soon!
    Last edited by 350_eight08; 02-03-11 at 10:56.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This thread is full of win. I am looking forward to working with Steve on a build...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This thread is relevant to my interests...
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 350_eight08 View Post
    Dos, I too have no doubt your Axiom will be fine no matter the concern. Like you've said, Steve's on it and I know he takes these things very seriously. Hope she gets here soon!
    Yes, you are right. Stuff happens, what matters is how it is delt with. Thus far, Steve has been very good and is keeping me updated as his busy schedule allows. I am cursed when it comes to 1911's no matter the cost or quality. Can't wait to have my girl back so I can abuse her .
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast