Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagining what freeways will look like in SHTF

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Imagining what freeways will look like in SHTF

I am thinking traffic jams will turn freeways to parking lots. IMO.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I agree. If you live near the ocean you'd be better off going by boat. Preferably a sail boat considering that fuel will be scarce and extremely expensive if available. Also using a small private plane may work. In a perfect world you'd either own one of the above or buy/barter some ones services who has one. If all else fails, you know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Feedback Score
    A few folks I know have those little scooters set aside for this. While being awarded absolutely no CDI points, they get 100+ MPG, are capable of traveling decent speeds, offroad, down sidewalks, though foot tunnels and can be picked up and carried around obstructions.

Keep it preloaded with an extra gallon of gas and a BOB, and you have a pretty smart option... of course you still look like a dork
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Can you imagine what the road rage would be like?
    Throw in hunger, thirst, excessive heat or cold weather, mass panic, crying babies, etc., definitely not a pretty picture.
    This is why some decent level of fitness should be part of everyone's preps. How long would you just sit there before you began to walk/run away from that apocalyptic mess?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    A few folks I know have those little scooters set aside for this. While being awarded absolutely no CDI points, they get 100+ MPG, are capable of traveling decent speeds, offroad, down sidewalks, though foot tunnels and can be picked up and carried around obstructions.

Keep it preloaded with an extra gallon of gas and a BOB, and you have a pretty smart option... of course you still look like a dork
    Scooters are like fat chicks... never let your friends see you riding one... unless of course you are passing them on the freeway during SHTF.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Visit the DC Metro area on any given day and that will give you an idea. Check out recent washington Post articles about our recent "ice storm." My plan is to stay in place until the crazyiness dies down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhgross View Post
    Visit the DC Metro area on any given day and that will give you an idea. Check out recent washington Post articles about our recent "ice storm." My plan is to stay in place until the crazyiness dies down.
    reminds me or every post hurricane condition in south florida. Except for getting to work, I really just ventured out to clear a few storm drains near the house.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Any given afternoon in Atlanta/LA/Miami/DC/SF/Etc. will give you a pretty good idea of what the freeways will look like in a SHTF scenario - they are that way daily. The length of the overall "parking lot" may be longer during a disaster situation, but stopped is stopped, regardless of the cause.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post

Good idea though
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast