18 (100%)
    Today:

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Today:

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate...

Not to be a smart@$$ but.....
    Notice the bike in the lower right, second pic.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I've thought about bugging out for the last few years and have come to the conclusion that if you don't have a really good fall back position that is out of the way, defendable, and that hasn't been taken over or you getting jacked along the way before you get there, bugging in is starting to look better and better. There are too many variables that come into play and are against you, once you leave your domicile. Buying a few acres a few miles away from major lines of communication out in the country and bugging in, is making more sense to me. Doing an environmental recon of property that will or should have the following: not be easy to stumble across, near multiple water sources (including a well), land to grow food, improved to a hardened shelter, easy to defend and large enough to support several gun toting friends and there families, and well stocked for several months. Hell even an old SAC missile silo has great appeal.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Bug-in, watch for fires, re-read "The Prince" and prepare myself to be the local war lord. Look to the Mafia and Hezbullah for viable models that could work.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

BROKEN ARROW ,BROKEN ARROW I need you to burn them out on high-way

It took me 12+hrs to get from Biloxi to B-ham when Katrina hit and I was lucky to get on the road fairly early when the roads did clear I was running 90 mph the entire way.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 02-03-11 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This one appeared to have no specific cause:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Early warning is alway available unless its a terror nuke or unseen rouge Meteor, any other event will have preambles which an alert person will foresee and react too. Things as simple as watching the local news will give hints of approaching civil unrest and weather events. A 800mhz scanner which picks up local and state police, fire and emergency services is another way for advanced warning. Being ready the move in under 15 minutes is key to beat the pending rush on the roads. So Pre-Pack your supplies so its a load and go situation and know were your loved ones are so you can contact them and pick them up on the fly. I did a few test runs of my own plan and found them lacking so I make adjustments and continue to test my BUG-OUT.

Feedback Score
    This one appeared to have no specific cause:

No racism intended whatsoever, but Chinese drivers. There are similar problems in India. Those two nations have the fastest growing middle class in the world and have been putting over a million new cars (and drivers) on their roads every year for the past several years. Neither India nor China have a "car culture" like Western nations where there are general rules of etiquette governing road behavior. It's as if somebody took millions of people straight out of the Middle Ages (in terms of transportation) and gave them cars.

Driving in India is an experience I would never recommend to anybody.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's so amazing what you can do with photoshop these days.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    reminds me or every post hurricane condition in south florida. Except for getting to work, I really just ventured out to clear a few storm drains near the house.
    Im from Fla. too. Brevard county, Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. And its not just POST hurricane, look at what happens when people are evacuating! Im sure you know. I95 is ridiculous. I always just hunker down and wait it out. Anyways, DURING the hurricane is like a ghost town, a few cars here or there. So I guess the traffic like in the pics all depends on the situation..which includes two I can think of...
    -1. People are aware that there is an imminent disaster incoming for certain regions...MASS panic, freeways packed, riots, looting, carjacking etc. etc.
    -2. An over-night disaster when no one is aware, apocalyse, buildings and roads taken out, overpasses collapse. No cars on the roads.
    So I gues it really depends on how BIG the disaster and if people are aware of it coming or not. If it was something people had time to prepare for and evacuate (like a hurricane) Then ya roads would be gridlocked. Panic beyond our imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast