Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under Armour T-shirts

Feedback Score

Under Armour T-shirts

Are they any good? I'm looking at the Under Armour loose gear heatgear. I also need help on sizing. What sizes are you running and do they conceal a pistol well?
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    they're getting pretty dang popular in High Power competition.

Feedback Score
    underarmor makes me sweat more, but it drys quick. the loose gear is more comfortable, but you don't get to look like the body builder wearing it in the catalog. i.e. the tight shirts are bad for morale! the cold weather stuff is GTG. Most units won't let you wear it outside the wire any more, since it likes to stick to flesh when it melts (IEDs, burning vehicle, etc.) this confuses me since pretty much everything on you is nylon, and will stick as it melts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UA stuff pills much worse than the 5.11 gear that came out later - I much prefer the 5.11 stuff I wear it running.
    I do not wear it on missions (I live "outside the wire") due to the flash/flame issues. All my under stuff for that is flash resistant, and nomex outside - if my gear starts to burn I can jesitison it - I may get burned by radiant heat - but not have melted plastic stuck into my flesh.

I find the material (UA or 5.11) snags easier than other materials - so it may make for an awkward draw.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wear Underarmor on duty, well, under my armor. My dept issued it. I'd like to put my duty boot in the crack of whoever's a$$ decided that all black poly uniforms and gear in a black patrol car in SC in August was a good idea. It does look but, but lacks a little in the execution if you know what I mean. My Underarmor has pilled as KevinB pointed out, but has otherwise held up pretty good. It is the tight fitting one, and does help you cool better, but nothing helps much when wearing armor. I could see how it would snag on a draw and therefore I don't think I would wear it as a cover garment, but have also never tried. Although I don't think my form fitting shirts would leave much to ponder about what I was concealing... love handles and a pistola.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    the thing i don't like about UA tight fitting shirts is that the seams on the sides and under your arms rub and cause hot/sore spots under your arms and where a duty belt sits on your hips....plus i seam to overheat in them..i think because instead of the sweat eaporating from your body it's evaporating from the shirt and not cooling your body...the loose gear is much better! I want to try 5.11 with the mesh under the arms and the flat seams.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear UA style shirts all the time, on and off duty. While I wear the tight fit shorts, I have never encountered an issue with it hampering my draw stroke or creating over-heating issues. Whe it comes to actual brands, I've used UnderArmor, 5.11, and the cheap generic shirts from Wal-Mart. I know mainly use the Wal-Mart shirts.

Feedback Score
    I wish I could just change my whole wardrobe to 5.11 and under armour. They look good and feel great.

Feedback Score
    I like the Nike "Dry-Fit" shirts better than Under Armour. They're cheaper and they last longer.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    My UA stuff is almost all gone. I liked it when it came out since it was about all that was available at the time. I prefer the Nike Dri Fit as S-1 said. It doesn't pill like UA, it also breathes better IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast