Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The m16 A1

Feedback Score

The m16 A1

Is it just me or would anyone else give a testicle to own this firearm? I know the platform has come a long way but when I think M16, this is the image that pops in my head....simple, elegant beauty!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214505232

Be Safe!
    Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    im building one right now. but your right when i hear m16 that what comes to my mind is the triangle handgaurds and 20 rnd mags. although im building an a2 my next is an sbr then an a1. i love the rifles

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Well I have a RR M16A1, but mine no longer looks like that.

FWIW, I just shot it at a rifle match this weekend with targets ranging from 5-110 yards. I shot each stage FA just to prove to myself that FA is of limited use in the real world. Inside of 20 yards, it actually worked pretty well when using 2-3 shot bursts on standard IPSC targets. Anything over 20 yards and it became a hindrance.

I was also able to shoot each stage with a dedicated .22 upper. That was surprisingly effective. I could get fist sized 3-5 round bursts on target with ease out to 50 yards, which allowed me to rapidly transition from target to target without hesitation.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a 602 clone built using an actual Colt upper and an NDS retro slickside receiver.

The parts on the lower weren't correct so I ordered some newly made retro parts from a guy that goes by the name of HeanBeat (link from NDS website).

All I need for the rifle to be functional is a chrome slickside bolt carrier group. I see a few for sale on GB, but I want a quality one even though it is just for a clone collector rifle that won't see a lot of use. I'd prefer it to be an M16 style carrier versus the neutered styles as well.

I also have a 607 carbine clone in the works. That one is going to be expensive !

I know this site is geared more towards the end result of being proficient in using your chosen firearms for the protection of the well being of yourself and your family, but I know there are others on here who also just enjoy the general owning, collecting, and shooting of many varieties of firearms.

Feedback Score
    2 (67%)
    The A1's are my favorite. Hard to beat something that is that classic and distinguishable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Is it just me or would anyone else give a testicle to own this firearm? I know the platform has come a long way but when I think M16, this is the image that pops in my head....simple, elegant beauty!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214505232

Be Safe!
    Heavyweight

I have one and both testicles. My upper and stock is now on a NODAK SPUD retro lower and the lower is built into a 12.5" Noveske Crusader SBR. Runs well with my HALO suppressor. One of my favorite guns and I run the piss out of it with crappy steel cased ammo W/O problems.

That one didn't sell for $19000.00 but I think if you look around you can find them in the $13,000.00 to $15,000.00 range.

Until that day,
    Darkop

Feedback Score
    I also built an A1 with a Nodak lower, as my second rifle. The lower and LPK are the only parts that aren't original USGI from the 70s and early 80s (probably). The upper is even GM-Hydromatics, which is cool, given that I'm from the MI and my dad worked for GM.

My A1 is lighter and more wieldy than than my carbine. It's what is currently inspiring me to try selling my carbine and building a BCM LW middy from the ground up to be lighter and better balanced....
    You know damn well why I wanna keep to my sky
    never cry 'neath nobody's heel again

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I would be terrified I would somehow crack/damage the lower and throw $13000 away.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did not like ARs until the A2 flat top was introduced. The stock of the A1 is too short and the sights do not line up naturally for me when I bring the rifle to my shoulder. I'd love to have a full auto AR but if it were an A1, it would quickly be modernized

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast