Thread: Colt 6933

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt 6933

Anyone have the Colt 6933 and how do you like it and tell my about the accuracy. What Rail are you using if any and How long did it take to get the ATF approval??

http://www.team99.org/modules.php?na...viewtopic&t=25
    Last edited by LIL-COMMANDO; 09-03-07 at 18:11. Reason: Pics

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIL-COMMANDO View Post
    Anyone have the Colt 6933 and how do you like it and tell my about the accuracy. What Rail are you using if any and How long did it take to get the ATF approval??

http://www.team99.org/modules.php?na...viewtopic&t=25
    The gun should shoot betwee 1"-2" with decent ammo. For rails, one piece FF's like Daniel Defense or LaRue Tactical are a good choice. For two piece FF rails, Troy, MI are some good options.

ATF approval appears to be taking 15-30 days.

C4

Feedback Score
    I have one and love it. I've never tested it for accuracy but I can always get all of my shots into the center of a 5.5" Shoot-N-C target at 100yds with an Aimpoint M3, which is good enough for me. As for a rail, I have a Knight's Carbine URX II rail. I believe it took about 90 days to transfer, but this was back when the 6933's were first released. Form 4's are going through a lot faster now…

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two that I bought at the same time, one took a little over 2 weeks for the transfer and the other took a month longer due to an ATF error. I got them last fall. The transfers that I have had in the past 10 months have been under 3 weeks with the exception of the one 6933. I love mine, next to my 12.5" Noveske, they shoot better than any other AR I have. If I could only pick 1 AR to have, it would be the 6933. I have a LaRue 7.0 on one and it is on its way back from SAW getting the reliablilty upgrade done. I may go with the URX on the next one and the 6921 I just picked up for Jessie Jackson "Buy a Gun Day" though.

I can't help but show them off

Feedback Score
    I got mine approved in 4 wks. For the Rails I chose the YHM Colt specific handguard replacement rails that I am waiting to be delivered, now I found out that Troy is offering a 2 piece replacement for the hand guards! I guess I will have to get both and see which I like best.
    http://www.troyind.com/7%22MRFDIpage.htm

Here's a pick before I clean it up!

Click on this link for a larger image!
    http://www.team99.org/images/guns/z/6933/13.JPG

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My approval took a bit longer, about 35 days. I am using a Trust and was told they just got a little backed up because counsel was now reviewing trusts to make sure they are complient with state law.

It is at the shop getting a LaRue tactical 7.0, ergo grip, and Sopmod stock right know and should be ready when I get back from my business trip friday. I'll get some pics then, just so I can fit in .

I thought about the SAW reliability package, but it has not given me any problems in it's first 1000 rounds so I am kind of waiting on that.

As far as accuracy, it hits the center of my target at 100 yards, but really shines in the tactical pits when I run a course with about 1/2 dozen practical targets (bad guys) up to about 35 yards.

Shreds that cardboard smooooothly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question

I have had mine for a little over a month and have yet to get it to the range. Hopefully, Saturday I will actually have the time to get some rounds through it and get it zeroed.

My question, buddies of mine who have frum 0933's for quite a while have said that the 11.5" barrel will easily be accurate to 200 yards.

Now, having done the M16A2/A4 thing in the Marines, I understand zeroing a 20" barrel, but with a 11.5" I am in the dark.

Our department's range is 50 yards, so that is what I have to work with. What is the optimum zero distance for the 6933? And if that is not within the 50 yards I have available, what would be the best distance within that range?

Am using 55 grain Remington UMC on range days. The rifle will be zeroed with an EOTech 552 and front sight/GG&G MADD BUIS.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide to get me in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    It only took a few weeks, which i thought was rather quick! I choose the midwest industries 2 piece rails with a tangodown front foregrip! I topped it with an eotech 552 and ARMS #40 BUIS! i love this configuration, it helps with heat dissapation and tames the recoil rather nicely! I am totally satisfied with my toy, it was definitely worth the extra hoops!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have two. I missed the first batch, and got on the pre-order list for the second. In the meantime I found someone selling one from the first batch and bought it. About a month later the second batch started shipping.

I used a Daniel Defense 9.0 over a shaved front sight base (I did the shaving) and I use an Ops, Inc. 15th model suppressor.

A few pics of my modified 6933

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Exclamation

Well, just got back from the range today and got my Commando zero'd finally. I am very impressed! Once I matered the mechanical offset zeroing I got the thing frickin' dialed in! Cannot wait to run it through our Patrol Rifle course and qualify with it.

Additionally, I have the Colt bug bad. It was amazing how much better the rifle felt in comparison to my Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine I had before it!