Thread: Option for Capped Windage Knob on PST 1-4?

Feedback Score

Option for Capped Windage Knob on PST 1-4?

Sam -

I've had the PST 1-4 on an A/R for a few weeks and really liking it so far. The hunting version of this optic is said to have capped turrets - both Elevation and Windage which put me to thinking.

A PST 1-4 on a FAL would be outstanding from my view - but for that I would want the Windage knob (only) to be short and capped due to the FAL's ejection. Is that a possible option sometime down the road?

We tried a Mk4 MR/T on a FAL, but the Windage knob was taking a beating. It had to come off. (And taking a file to the ejector was deemed to be too risky.) The turret configuration on the 4-16 hunting model would be ideal if available for the 1-4 PST.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist~ View Post
    Sam -

I've had the PST 1-4 on an A/R for a few weeks and really liking it so far. The hunting version of this optic is said to have capped turrets - both Elevation and Windage which put me to thinking.

A PST 1-4 on a FAL would be outstanding from my view - but for that I would want the Windage knob (only) to be short and capped due to the FAL's ejection. Is that a possible option sometime down the road?

We tried a Mk4 MR/T on a FAL, but the Windage knob was taking a beating. It had to come off. (And taking a file to the ejector was deemed to be too risky.) The turret configuration on the 4-16 hunting model would be ideal if available for the 1-4 PST.
    We don't currently have the HSs in stock. They are expected in about 6 months, so if we could do it, it wouldn't be until then, at least, because we'd have to take the windage turret off an HS and put it on the PST.

I know our techs have the capability, but the main issue is that we don't really have a custom program set up to do stuff like this and I'm afraid of doing it once and then opening up the flood gates when we really aren't set up to do custom work this this on a mass scale.

I guess for now what I would say is that the HS would probably be your best bet if you can live with both capped windage and elevation. Otherwise maybe just check back in with us in about 6 months when the HSs are available, since we wouldn't be able to do it anyway until we have those in stock.

Maybe by that point things will have changed for doing some custom work.

-Sam

Feedback Score
    Sam,

Understood and thanks for your response.