Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul Dynamics Videos

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spd707 View Post
    I have only seen the previews of the Magpul videos. When the instructors are shooting do they ever show you the target so you can see if they are getting good hits? or are we supposed to assume they they are shooting accurately?

I am not downing Magpul, I do not know the answer to this and I am curious.
    I can assure you from 5 classes with chris and travis that they get their hits.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spd707 View Post
    I have only seen the previews of the Magpul videos. When the instructors are shooting do they ever show you the target so you can see if they are getting good hits? or are we supposed to assume they they are shooting accurately?

I am not downing Magpul, I do not know the answer to this and I am curious.
    Yes, they show it, they are ridiculously good.

I will +1 nicks comment however, as the MD videos really don't spend more than like 5 minutes on fundamentals, it's all about the drills.

If you don't know how to breath aim and squeeze yet they won't be much good.

Feedback Score
    I see.... well, i ordered volume 1 saturday but i'll definitely have to check out those other two. Between the vickers and howe video is there one you would recommend over the other?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone written a review of this video? All I have seen so far is "worth the money." I was hoping someone with experience can offer their opinion on this or even compare it to others.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    While the Magpul vids have plenty of useful portions, I would hold-off for a bit and pick up Paul Howe's new carbine video from Panteao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhAsXCSMK0 or Larry Vicker's/Daniel Defense production: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWEjA...eature=related

From what I have seen and heard about these videos, they will delve into the fundamentals in more detail than the MagPul videos do.
    I would firmly agree with this.

There is a reason that even at LAV's 3-Day Advanced Combat Handgun (one of his most advanced pistol classes) you still do a shitload of trigger control drills, almost every day.

For someone who has not had some solid formal instruction yet...time and energy really needs to be spent on the fundamentals, and not on switching shoulders and partner communication drills. All that stuff has a place, but solid fundamentals need to be there first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    I would firmly agree with this.

There is a reason that even at LAV's 3-Day Advanced Combat Handgun (one of his most advanced pistol classes) you still do a shitload of trigger control drills, almost every day.

For someone who has not had some solid formal instruction yet...time and energy really needs to be spent on the fundamentals, and not on switching shoulders and partner communication drills. All that stuff has a place, but solid fundamentals need to be there first.
    Have you watched the Vickers or Howe videos personally? I've noticed the Vickers videos are available to order, but unless I'm mistaken, they haven't been delivered yet. I do agree, I have not had any formal training except with a BB gun to qualify for a hunting license. I've got a good understanding of how to shoot my pistol just from experience at the range, but no professional instruction yet. I've heard a few times to wait for the Vickers or Howe video but no one has admitted to actually watching them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsturtle View Post
    Have you watched the Vickers or Howe videos personally? I've noticed the Vickers videos are available to order, but unless I'm mistaken, they haven't been delivered yet. I do agree, I have not had any formal training except with a BB gun to qualify for a hunting license. I've got a good understanding of how to shoot my pistol just from experience at the range, but no professional instruction yet. I've heard a few times to wait for the Vickers or Howe video but no one has admitted to actually watching them.
    They are not out yet, I don't even think they are done with the final editing. Those who have trained with LAV and Paul Howe know what material they weigh heavily in their classes, though.

I'm sure the DVD's will be the same. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    They are not out yet, I don't even think they are done with the final editing. Those who have trained with LAV and Paul Howe know what material they weigh heavily in their classes, though.

I'm sure the DVD's will be the same. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.
    I guess I will just hold off until they start being delivered and go from there.

Feedback Score
    For those interested in the Paul Howe videos, the Panteao website is now live. The first DVD, Tac Pistol Operator, will ship on the 18th. The Rifle video is shipping shortly after.

By the end of the week, we should have the streaming video portion of the website active for those folks that prefer streaming video over a DVD.
    Fernando Coelho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12