Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Rumor mill: Bushmaster folding - ACR now a Remington product?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    My guess is they wouldn't even notice, it being a gun shop. In a gun store I point guns at the ceiling or the floor when there is no open space.
    It isn't too bad at the shop I got my DD from, but the shop I bought my XDm from is full of grumpy old men.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsturtle View Post
    It isn't too bad at the shop I got my DD from, but the shop I bought my XDm from is full of grumpy old men.
    I might have been one of them! Did you point a gun at me? Just kidding!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I might have been one of them! Did you point a gun at me? Just kidding!
    That all depends on whether or not I have a clear path to the exit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

The brave Georgians stood up to Russian tyranny and power to assert their independence for the first time in I don't know how long, maybe forever, and were brutally smashed by far superior forces. In fact they were baited into a trap, set and sprung by Vlad Putin, drunk on power and eager to prove his manhood and toughness by killing some people. The defeat was a disaster for Georgia, a setback for the United States and a dark day for those who love freedom. I am sick of seeing these photos used to mock Bushmaster. There are lots of ways to mock Bushmaster, if you want to mock Bushmaster, then do as you please. Just don't mock freedom loving people in their hour of disaster. And before you say "that's not what I am doing", that is exactly what you are doing. These photos were made for the exact purpose of mocking the Georgians in their hour of disaster. They cannot be used to mock Bushmaster without mocking the brave, pitiful Georgians at the same time.

Shirley, you can't be serious......

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smedley View Post
    I also read where...
    "A Freedom Group spokesperson said all affected employees will be offered a severance package and placement services to help them find another job."
    I wonder why they didn't offer the affected workers jobs at whatever new facility they locate to?
    They may well have offered them those jobs, but the truth of the matter is that many folks won't move out of state. There are the usual issues of moving costs and the severing of close family/community ties. Now, you have the added hassle of trying to unload the old house in a depressed market while trying to find an new house. You could find yourself trying to cover two mortgages for quite a while.
    Last edited by dewatters; 02-18-11 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWulf View Post
    The word I hear from some former teammates (Maine residents) is that Maine is becoming more and more unfriendly to businesses, which is not surprising. Maine's way of life and government has been affected by Massachusetts transplants moving to the state and doing their best to make Maine the next Massachusetts. Perhaps some Maine residents can weigh in on this.
    True - I grew up in Maine and had to leave in the early 90's. I could never live there again for the reasons stated above.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516