Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor mill: Bushmaster folding - ACR now a Remington product?

Feedback Score
    Hate to see a manufacturer go, but (cautiously) optimistic of seeing a revised, improved ACR.

This is coming from one of the guys who really liked the concept up until getting to see the implementation, and then gave up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shittercrewchief View Post
    Yes the Bushmaster plant in Maine was or is being closed. Whether the brand will go away who knows.
    consolidation cat is consolidating production

why produce rifles in two different locations? Lot of jumping to conclusions in here

Feedback Score
    I liked Bushmaster, back when they were Quality Parts.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If Bushmaster goes under I will dance the night away and party like its 1999. The next day I will find their grave and pee on it. Could not happen to a better company.
    You're not looking at the big picture, 5pins. What are the good folks over on TOS supposed to inanely obsess over now?

God, the humanity...

Quote Originally Posted by buddyhoohaw View Post
    Out of curiosity; what has Bushmaster done to you to illicit such ill will? I personally don't like to see any gun company go out of business regardless of how bad they can dick up a promising platform.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    I don't know why you would feel this way about a DOMESTIC firearms company.
    I understand what you guys are saying but if Bushmaster were to go out of business it would be entirely by thier own hand.
    Last edited by DaBears_85; 02-07-11 at 20:43.
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You would think after 15 years, Bushmaster would figure it is cheaper to ****ing stake a carrier key correctly than Fed Ex a rifle back.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Time to thin the herd.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    You would think after 15 years, Bushmaster would figure it is cheaper to ****ing stake a carrier key correctly than Fed Ex a rifle back.
    I'm sure most of them never get shot and if shot the owner never shoots it enough to loosen anything up. So as a result they never have to ship any back.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Out of curiosity; what has Bushmaster done to you to illicit such ill will? I personally don't like to see any gun company go out of business regardless of how bad they can dick up a promising platform.

Cheers
    My beef with Bushmaster was from dealing with them back in 93. Needless to say it left a bad taste in my mouth.

A shitty company is a shitty company, domestic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBears_85 View Post
    You're not looking at the big picture, 5pins. What are the good folks over on TOS supposed to inanely obsess over now?
    DPMS?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bushmaster is not going out of business. They are owned by a holding company (Freedom Group) and the holding company is closing their manufacturing facility in Maine. This is the same holding company that owns Dakota Arms Company, Remington Arms Company, Parker Gunmakers, Marlin, DPMS, EOTACH, Mountain Khakis, and Barnes Bullets among others. They still own the Bushmaster name and they can, and likely will, make crappy AR's someplace else.

Press release:

"The Company will relocate manufacturing of all Bushmaster products currently produced at Windham to other, existing Freedom Group Facilities."

The word I hear from some former teammates (Maine residents) is that Maine is becoming more and more unfriendly to businesses, which is not surprising. Maine's way of life and government has been affected by Massachusetts transplants moving to the state and doing their best to make Maine the next Massachusetts. Perhaps some Maine residents can weigh in on this.
    Last edited by DireWulf; 02-08-11 at 00:00.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When they're out selling their guns to law enforcement officers knowing full well their lives depend upon them while deliberately cutting corners to save money... and selling crap rifles to foreign allies... yeah, I hold ill will towards them for that.

That they're a US manufacturer is absolutely irrelevant. Thank God for having a competitive marketplace... maybe they will perish. It's their fault.

An American defending Bushmaster because they're American, no matter how crappy a product they produce, is like a Serb defending the Yugo because it's Serbian.

Quote Originally Posted by DireWulf View Post
    Press release:

"The Company will relocate manufacturing of all Bushmaster products currently produced at Windham to other, existing Freedom Group Facilities."
    I think this means that DPMS rifles are going to be rebranded as Bushmaster.
    Last edited by justin_247; 02-08-11 at 04:54.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast