Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New build...criticize it to death! Want it perfect

Feedback Score
    Nice job!!! I think you made a great choice. Can't go wrong and you won't lose sleep.

Feedback Score
    As funny as it may seem to lose sleep over such a silly thing, I found myself staying up 2-3 hours later than usual just looking at various AR parts trying in a mission to build the best. Buying the best didn't cost too much more and was worth a tiny bit extra and was exactly what I wanted. I left a few customization options open such as the stock, vertical grip, and optics. On the plus side, I get more sleep so I'm happier at work and don't yell at the interns. I will post pictures and a review will follow as soon as I get to take it to a carbine class. No use posting a review after plinking at the range.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjchang7 View Post
    I haven't been following my thread. The upper I was referring to is this one.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...fh%20ddl12.htm
    I have sold off my spikes lower and have purchased a complete BCM lower from grant at grtactical and a 16" BCM complete midlength upper with 12" larue handguards. Am feeling much less stressed out trying to figure out all these parts and crap. Sure it was a bit pricey but I would rather just be done with it and start heading out to some carbine courses.
    Ah, that explains it, I thought BCM finally started offering the upper I want: a 14.5" BFH LW middy. Guess I'll have to wait some more

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjchang7 View Post
    The upper I was referring to is this one.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...fh%20ddl12.htm
    I'm in the same boat when it comes down to FF or MOE Mid-length - price v. options, but I have to agree with Rob that the MOE fills a very good gap and I am leaning more towards it then the FF.

HOWEVER!
    I had just realized, as per your link to BCMmfg, that they offer to pin+weld onto a 14.5, which is AWESOME! and had not noticed before.

My excitement is so because I am in a ban state and, for whatever reason, BCMmfg do not pin and weld comps/breaks or sell the 16s without a muzzle device (if I'm wrong on this anyone, then tell me, I would be delighted to be wrong!).

Now I have two options for a quality upper - MOE or FF - (the other is Rainier Arms), unless someone can point me to a third.

Post pics of your assembly. Interested on how it turned out.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

This thread is another good example of the value of m4c.net! Kudos to all!
    Info, info, info, info...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Atg336 View Post
    I'm in the same boat when it comes down to FF or MOE Mid-length - price v. options, but I have to agree with Rob that the MOE fills a very good gap and I am leaning more towards it then the FF.

HOWEVER!
    I had just realized, as per your link to BCMmfg, that they offer to pin+weld onto a 14.5, which is AWESOME! and had not noticed before.

My excitement is so because I am in a ban state and, for whatever reason, BCMmfg do not pin and weld comps/breaks or sell the 16s without a muzzle device (if I'm wrong on this anyone, then tell me, I would be delighted to be wrong!).

Now I have two options for a quality upper - MOE or FF - (the other is Rainier Arms), unless someone can point me to a third.

Post pics of your assembly. Interested on how it turned out.
    Got the upper and lower in today. Threw on troy folding sights. Am waiting for my ctr stock and will then post pictures. Still waiting on optics, sling, and VFG

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456