Thread: Dominion Shooting Range- Richmond VA

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Thumbs up Dominion Shooting Range- Richmond VA

Just wanted to throw out a quick recommend to Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond.

I used them as a transfer FFL for my recent AR online purchase. Unless someone else knows another place, currently they have the cheapest transfer fees around- $25 + $3 for BG check.

I have also been visiting the range since approx. 2008, and they are generally very friendly and helpful folks- especially Eric (?). Just look for the chubby jolly guy, and you're GtG.
    I can't speak for their level of technical knowledge in regard to some of the folks here. After all they are a gun shop ...
    That being said, the fellow I mentioned was the first person who didn't give me a blank look or stupid comment when I mentioned DD and BCM.

The range is indoor, 25 yds., pistol only- although they do accept shotguns. They also have a pretty good selection of rentals as well- most modern handguns in major calibers, as well as shotguns, and a couple 9mm carbines. They also rent full auto SMG's...
    Fees can be seen on their home page.
    The only drawback is you have to buy their ammo...

Not a real huge selection of firearms/accessories for sale, but with such a good transfer price, probably not that big a deal.

Site is here: http://www.dominionshootingrange.com/
    Last edited by Jellybean; 02-07-11 at 15:55.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My first job when I was 16 was working as the range rat on that range, at the time it was called The Firing Line.

I worked with Eric twenty years ago at another shop, he's a good guy.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com