Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P30 & HK45c cocked and locked

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I ordered a P30S. When it comes I plan to order an HK45c made in Deutschland. I will let you guys know how these work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkeg View Post
    Nice choices in pistols. I've shot and carried 1911's for 20 years or so, but I decided to join the modern age and got myself an HK45c. I found that shooting the HK with my thumb riding the safety (as I was used to) it messed with my grip. Even with the detent plate to stop the pistol from decocking, the lever is not the same as a 1911 safety, and it forced me to change my grip. Wilson, Mueschke, Ed Brown etc. all put my thumb in a different position. I personally could not get past this. I put in a light LEM and love it.
    For what its worth, my 1911 friends that shoot my USP V1 do the same thing. If you apply downward pressure to the decocker, at some point it will not fire either.
    USMC vet.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Before I converted my Hk45c to LEM, I never had a problem decocking the gun or tying up the gun. It takes some good force to push the lever past parallel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before getting the variant 9 plate that disables the de-cocking function, I noticed inadvertent de-cocking when shooting on the move and shooting +P ammo -- probably all those years of pushing down on the 1911 thumb safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12