Thread: My CQB M1 ;)

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

My CQB M1 ;)

Here is my CQB M1, well that is what I like to call it. It is a T26 M1 "Tanker" Garand. It is a Gov convert to .308. i have been trying to figure out how I am going to "pimp" it out. I have a flash hider on order and I have a rubber butt pad to put on it. I can't decide if I want to put a Scout rail or a regular scope mount. Any ideas??

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I have an idea for you!!!

Don't touch that thing. It looks great, feed it a bunch of ammo and put on no Tapco for GD sake

Feedback Score
    Reese Surplus may still have Nigerian BM-59 stocks for sale.

You have to fill about an inch in front of the trigger assembly with a wood plug and they are unfinished, but are worth it.

As far as the scout rail, if it's a med countour barrel, it won't fit.

Nice rifles. Good luck.

Edited to add that you may want to get a Smith Enterprise brake, it takes a little of the umph out of your shoulder

Feedback Score
    I'd leave it as is. Even in short configuration it will never be a good CQB rifle no matter what you do.

Besides, tankers are a very rare and beautiful thing.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    I dont think M1's were made to be pimed out! but look on the bright side... now you have reason to put together another M4! and Pimp it out all you want! just becareful though...it tends to turn into an addiction!
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll tell you what it needs, A CAN!!!

I have been on the firing line next to those torture machines. They make an M-44 Mosin-Nagant sound quiet.

Feedback Score

Tanker

I have a Tanker in 308. I added a foward mount rail system and a scout scope. the weapon shoots great.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Thanks for the input all. Out of all of the ideas the one I like the best is the Smith Enterprise brake, that thing kicks like a mule. A Garand with a 16" barrel is hell to shoot.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston