Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMT Piston Upper/Conv

Feedback Score

LMT Piston Upper/Conv

Does anyone have any information or updates on the LMT pistol uppers or conversions? I know they take their time to market, but this is getting ridiculous!

Thanks,

Wally

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    this is getting ridiculous!
    What's getting ridiculous?
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    From the time I heard about this to now. I appreciate a manufacturer taking its time to get a product to market without issue, but it seems that LMT takes longer than most.

Wally

Feedback Score
    I would rather wait for a properly tested product than be a victim of certain manufacturers "consumer research and development" programs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    I would rather wait for a properly tested product than be a victim of certain manufacturers "consumer research and development" programs.
    Been there, done that!

I'm still mildly interested in the piston AR concept, but I'll let somebody else be the ginuea pig next time. I'll start shopping for a new piston operated AR after I hear Pat Rogers has seen umpteen or thirty of them run like Swiss watches in classes... not before then.

Feedback Score
    Lets start this over before I am chopped up into little pieces by all the comments.

I have a 10.5 LMT MRP. It is used more often then not with a Surefire 556K suppressor. There is a large amount of carbon in the receiver when it comes time to clean the rifle. I know this is normal by the way.

The reason for the piston upper question was simply find out if anyone had any additional information on the conversion or uppers.

I am not sure if the piston is the proper course of action, but I am willing to give it a try as I can toggle between the DI and piston assemblies if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for the responses,

Wally

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw the LMT piston unit at Trexpo. I was less than impressed with but in all fairness it may not have been indicative of a production unit. It has a gas port housing attached to the barrel with what appeared to be an FAL type plug. It did not get to seem the bolt unit but would expect it to be similar to units already on the market, i.e. sold key face.
    Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    From the time I heard about this to now. I appreciate a manufacturer taking its time to get a product to market without issue, but it seems that LMT takes longer than most.

Wally
    Have you ever heard of the Magpul UBR?
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    Have you ever heard of the Magpul UBR?
    Yes...

Sorry, I cant wait for him to answer. Tell us anyway.

Feedback Score
    Seth, do you have some malfunction? Yes, I have heard of the it. What difference does that make? This is in the AR General Discussion, not Other Assault Rifles.

I was asking about an upgrade for something I already have and am familiar with.

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THAT IS PRODUCTIVE, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. One liners only serve to make you feel better and have no benefit to this forum as a whole.

Wally

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast