Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which KNS Precision Anti-walk pins?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which KNS Precision Anti-walk pins?

I plan to put KNS anti-walk pins in two of my ARs. There are two models that I'm tracking, the Gen2Mod2 and the originals. The prices are the same. Does anyone know/think that one is better than the other? Any positive/negative experiences with either? Thanks!
    Last edited by $CashMoney$; 02-09-11 at 20:42. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Honestly man and not trying to sound like a smart a#$ but don't waste your money. Spend $30 on an ASAP plate or ammo or something else that will do something productive. They really aren't needed.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Agreed. Most trigger companies don't recommend you use them.

I have a set I took off when I bought my Geissele SD-3G because they said specifically to not use them as the ones included re superior.

If you had a full auto maybe one of their anti-walk sear pins.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by $CashMoney$ View Post
    I plan to put KNS anti-walk pins in two of my ARs. There are two models that I'm tracking, the Gen2Mod2 and the originals. The prices are the same. Does anyone know/think that one is better than the other? Any positive/negative experiences with either? Thanks!
    ==============================

Why?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by $CashMoney$ View Post
    Does anyone know/think that one is better than the other?
    Both are gay nonsense.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Both are gay nonsense.
    Shakespeare?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Oh this should be entertaining.

In all seriousness though, the pins shouldn't walk out of your lower if the trigger group is installed correctly. The hammer spring legs rest in the grooves of the trigger pin, preventing it from going anywhere. The hammer pin also has grooves in it, though what's engaging those escapes me at the moment.

In short, trigger pins naturally rotate, although it surprised me to learn that. (I do learn things on here on accident from time to time.)

Feedback Score
    AW pins are primarily intended for FA weapons.

If you are having a problem with pins walking, it would be better to solve that problem first.

Even back in the M16A1 day and now M4A1s I've never seen pins walk.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

MAYBE on a piston rifle - given the jarring nature of the 2-stage recoil... Even then, if it's built right, it shouldn't be an issue.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not necessarily looking for the anit-walking quality. A friend of mine put a set of these into one of his ARs and noticed immediately that his trigger was crisper. I had shot his gun several times before and I tried it after the install; he was definitely right.

I understand (intimately) that it's counter-intuitive that the pins would make a difference in the trigger pull, but they did...somehow. My Armorer here at work told me that he has had similar experiences with them. Normally I don't believe much of what people tell me about guns unless I see it work on the range or in combat for myself.

Anyway, I'm not worried about my pins magically flying away. I built both of the guns, so if they did fly away, it's no one's fault but my own!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast