Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noveske N4 Light - Low Profile

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The Noveske and the S&W aren't designed to be in the same league, so its unfair to S&W to compare them. The barrel, staking, stock, grip, level of QC (etc) that goes into Novekse take it far beyond that of a mass production carbine.
    Thanks for the picture and the information on the level of QC of the Noveske.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
    N4: 14.5" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm
    --Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
    Thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFighter View Post
    What it Slip?
    Slip 2000. Great all-around weapons lube - stays put during firing and has fewer harmful chemicals.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    My M&P15T has been a fine weapon. Mine doesn't get really hard use -- it is limited to plinking and 3-gun matches, mostly -- but it has been flawless. I'd love to take a carbine class but that is just not in the cards right now.

On the other hand, I had a buddy who had one that had a burr on the ejector that gave him fits until Smith finally replaced the whole BCG. Now his runs perfectly, too (in the same capacity as mine - 3-gun matches, etc.).

It is true that the S&W is not in quite the same league as the Noveske. Noveske is a semi-custom/custom builder. Smith is, well, not a semi-custom/custom builder. However, as far as bang for the buck went, I got pretty much everything I wanted at a fair price when I bought my Smith and I've been pleased.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Stickman,

Any words of wisdom in relation to the Foreend Noveske is now using?

Thanks!

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Solid lockup, no gap, multiple QD mounts, well done machining. It looks like a good upgrade to me.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFFMANN View Post
    Any words of wisdom in relation to the Foreend Noveske is now using?
    It's an SWS.
    Very well made.
    Just not advertised and the guy making them does not spend enough time on forums promoting them.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recently purchased one of the SWS rails and while I only have a few hundred rounds through the gun with the rail, at this point I like it. To go along with that the owner of the company was very helpful and the service outstanding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd still like to know comparative weights/dimensions of the SWS/Noveske railed forend versus the competition.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The Noveske and the S&W aren't designed to be in the same league, so its unfair to S&W to compare them. The barrel, staking, stock, grip, level of QC (etc) that goes into Novekse take it far beyond that of a mass production carbine.
    Stickman,
    How did you get your name on the side rail? Is that the 14.5" low profile Novekse? Which FS is that on your rifle and is it permanently attached? Very nice rifle and I almost have enough money to get me one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast