Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .357 Sig, Can't find info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
    I'm aware of who administered the test, but look at the Notes section.
    Just to clarify, that was my post. I was over at Ed L's house helping out, and I forgot I wasnt logged in.

As for the test, perhaps FBI-FTU tested the wrong ammo, or perhaps USSS switched to the Ranger latter on. The Gold Dot has been out longer than the Ranger T in .357sig. Remember at the time USSS did their own ammo testing and had their own protocols and standards which were actually less than the FBI's. Hence why they always used light and fast ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail-Safe View Post
    Just to clarify, that was my post. I was over at Ed L's house helping out, and I forgot I wasnt logged in.

As for the test, perhaps FBI-FTU tested the wrong ammo, or perhaps USSS switched to the Ranger latter on. The Gold Dot has been out longer than the Ranger T in .357sig. Remember at the time USSS did their own ammo testing and had their own protocols and standards which were actually less than the FBI's. Hence why they always used light and fast ammo.
    I hear ya, and no harm/no foul.

Just was stating that while I'm aware who administered the test the reason I've always called this the "Secret Service load" was simply based on the Notes, and when I first started seeing the pdf pop up, most people were quoting it as an FBI-FTU test done for the USSS.

Either way, it's cool. Like I said, they may have switched ammo...I dunno. I've been out of touch with the people I knew over that way, so it very well could be possible, esp being that test is almost 10 years old now.

Either way...I still want to test some of this shit out in my M&P lol. I don't care if it's hokey, obsolete, blah blah...I just want to and that's good enough reason to burn powder
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234