Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to AR15

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would suggest a Basic Carbine class from TigerSwan, Dave Harrington, Paul Howe, LAV, EAG, or another quality instructor. This is a great way to learn.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Welcome.

Of those brands listed, you made the best choice, by far.

As far as a sling, I'd highly recommend the Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Application Sling (BFG VCAS).

You can use the standard sling attachment points on your standard buttstock, but to get the most out of the sling, you might want to get a Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop that you can use for your front sling attachment point.

The Blue Force Gear Victory Sling is a very viable less expensive alternative to the various VCAS models available.

Hope that helps.
    Listen to the Wookiee...

Feedback Score
    Welcome and good choice. If you stick around you will find that there is more than enough information here to make your head spin. But if you stick with it you will learn a lot of very good information. Be sure to let us know what you think when you get out and put some rounds through it.

As for the sling, I recently picked up a VCAS for mine as suggested above and I'm very happy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12