Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score

Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

I want to gauge how many M4C members are in the area, find a suitable non - Nazi range, and train. Any suggestions for training and ranges are appreciated.

Roger
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am in St. Pete!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm in the Brandon/Valrico area. I my self am in search of a good range. Once we find one, though, I'm down to train.

Has anybody been to Guncraft in Ruskin?
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 02-20-11 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Land O Lakes / Lutz area. Would love to find a range. Then again there is the need for land. Up my way about the only area I can think of that would suffice would be on SR52 or SR54 west of the suncoast.

Feedback Score
    I'm in Carrollwood. Long drive to anywhere that will allow decent training

Feedback Score
    Clearwater here. Dying to find someplace relaxed to shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are there any ranges that give some flexibility for training, or is every range in Tampa Bay all static?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bradenton here. It's a drive but Webb management (exit 158 off I-75) allows rapid fire on the 1st and 3rd Sunday, and the 2nd and 4th Thursday each month other than that standard range rules apply. $6 per car regardless of how many occupants.
    Last edited by Hot Holster; 03-07-11 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS View Post
    Are there any ranges that give some flexibility for training, or is every range in Tampa Bay all static?
    This is starting to be harder than woodpecker lips in this AO. It all boils down to liability. At my range (Knight's Shooting Sports), I can do what ever I want, since I have taken all of there classes, know all the staff, been shooting there every weekend for the past 8 years and consistently demonstrate safe weapons handling. However, not everyone is granted that privilege. The biggest issue is "drawing from the holster". Unless you've taken their advanced CWP pistol class or a LEO, it is a No Go.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's a little bit of a drive but I recently went to Hernando Sportsmans Club and found it to be a good range. Don't expect to be doing ninja rolls up and down the shooting line, drawing from a holster (unless ACTIVE LEO) or doing transitions, however, rapid fire and mag changes are fine.

After things cleared out a little bit and there were a lot of spare lanes, the RO's let me use them to practice engaging multiple targets. Overall it was a great time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast