Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score

Meet & Greet

What do you have in mind? Hernando Sportsmans Club's 200yd range is open on the 4th or 5th Saturday of every month. It's the only range near Tampa that I know of that's worth meeting at.

Feedback Score
    Coming from SRQ it is a little bit of a drive for me. Is there some place closer to Tampa?

(New to the area so don't know the ranges yet.)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    edittt
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-27-15 at 06:48.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    You have to provide your own Club recognized RO though to book a range is my understanding at Manatee. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    You have to provide your own Club recognized RO though to book a range is my understanding at Manatee. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well I get my NRA RSO certification next week, so maybe that will count for something and we could pull it off.

I also agree about Hernando. Living in the northern part of the area it's not only relatively close, but its well organized IMO.

Of course with all this open land in the state and Manatee and Hernando being the only viable options in the area is vexing.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    I'm a RO and BFFOC Firearms Instructor for the US State Department...is there a way to be recognized by Hernando Range with these certs?

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    edittt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am a member and will be an RO at manatee after next Saturday but that's irrelavent. As long as you have a minimum of 200$ or so and book in advance they will provide an RO.
    I've been there shooting with an owner of a local gun shop there a few times doing drills. The booking process is a little iffy sometimes. I have some expirences there that have been a bit interesting (I'll fill you in later privately). Area 51 would be good place for some drills and what not. As long as one of our own is ROing we shouldn't have a problem.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    edittt

Feedback Score

Checking in

Lakeland checking in. I do shoot at Teneroc but it is a static range only with a max of 100 yards. It is a good place to burn rounds but not much in the way of any real training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I suggest getting a doll. They can be dressed up in many ways. We don't dress up AR's. We set them up to be functional and serve a need.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast