Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WAC

I'm new to the area and checked out the Wyoming Antelope Club last night for the Defensive Pistol Shoot. I was impressed by the people running the event (every Thursday 6:30pm - 9:30pm). It was well ran, safe and fun. So, I'd definitely recommend this to any competent shooter.

The "range" is unlike anything I've shot at. The shooting bays we were using, were covered with a concrete ceiling (kind of like shooting under a bridge). If you look at Google Maps, you can see why. It is surrounded by businesses, industry and planes taking off from St. Pete.

That said, I had a great time with good people and am happy I have somewhere cool to shoot.

Shot a little video with the Contour on my Ear Pro of a stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOV61zAEDs
    This particular event was very fun. No mag limit, no gun limit.. just shoot safely and have a good time.
    Kevin Burger
    Streamlight - National Accts. Manager
    Illuminate. Navigate. Dominate.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Shoot Straight (Old Knights Shooting Sports) is open.

I stopped by there store on US19 in Clearwater and this was their first day open. The place was packed for a Monday lunch time. I must say that it is an extremely beautiful, functional gun store and shooting facility. Lots of stuffed game on the walls and around the facility. I was shocked at the amount of quality AR weapons there (DDs, LMTs, KAC, Colts, SCAR-L/Hs). Store personnel are very helpful and friendly (read seriously cute females with guns on their hips working the various parts of the store). The range has nine 50 yard rifle bays/stalls and ten 25 yard Pistol bays/stalls. Each shooting bay has an overhead air conditioned vent which you can adjust, a simple electric two position toggle switch for target runners, and liberal, common sense range rules. The airflow has been revamped with new filtration system. You can shoot rapid fire, but not draw fire as of yet. They put in over $3 Mil, in clean up, repairs and renovations in this facility. It is nothing like the old Knights. I highly recommend it.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I stopped by there store on US19 in Clearwater and this was their first day open. The place was packed for a Monday lunch time. I must say that it is an extremely beautiful, functional gun store and shooting facility. Lots of stuffed game on the walls and around the facility. I was shocked at the amount of quality AR weapons there (DDs, LMTs, KAC, Colts, SCAR-L/Hs). Store personnel are very helpful and friendly (read seriously cute females with guns on their hips working the various parts of the store). The range has nine 50 yard rifle bays/stalls and ten 25 yard Pistol bays/stalls. Each shooting bay has an overhead air conditioned vent which you can adjust, a simple electric two position toggle switch for target runners, and liberal, common sense range rules. The airflow has been revamped with new filtration system. You can shoot rapid fire, but not draw fire as of yet. They put in over $3 Mil, in clean up, repairs and renovations in this facility. It is nothing like the old Knights. I highly recommend it.
    Were the price tags on the afore mentioned firearms in the realm of reality? Thanks for the post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    Were the price tags on the afore mentioned firearms in the realm of reality? Thanks for the post.
    A little over priced IMHO, but after discussing it with the sales people, what they have currently in stock is all they got, for quite a while since most manufacturers are not taking orders. Example, the KAC SR-15s were going for $2200.00. A year or so ago, they were all over the Net from 1800-2200. M&Ps were going for 539.00 across the board. They had 10 M&P Shields, then sold them out before noon on there opening day today so I can't give a price there. The prices were much higher (Colt 6920s going for 2200+) in the same time frame prior to the previous election. At SS, today, 1100 and change. Given the current nation wide panic buying leading up to the election, the prices are still reasonable for a retail store.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sarasota here. Go to school in Tampa though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Knights Trail is a joke. They are way too limiting in what they allow. Manatee Gun Club is nice but overpriced especially for the drive IMHO. Not impressed with the ranges around here in general.

Feedback Score

carrollwood/citrus park area!

i`am here in carrollwood/citrus park!would love a place like that to go to!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLJ94104 View Post
    Knights Trail is a joke. They are way too limiting in what they allow. Manatee Gun Club is nice but overpriced especially for the drive IMHO. Not impressed with the ranges around here in general.
    Hernando Sportmans's Club is probably the best outdoor range that is closest to where I live (North Tampa). RO's are pretty laid back and there is a Action Rifle match there once a month.

Feedback Score
    New here on the forum, just bought my 1st AR last month. I'm looking for some training. I found a place called Southern Expousure but no AR or defensive pistol classes till fall. I'm signing up for them anyway...just hoping to meet some others in the area.

Feedback Score
    I've taken several classes at Southern. It's a great place and has wonderful trainers there.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast